Announcing...

Backwards Logic

Emperor Palpatine
From the host that brought you NOTW XXII: The Road to Ruin and NOTW XXXIX: Impending Retribution, Announcing:

Spoiler :
NOTW: Apocalyptic Sunrise, slated for Summer 2017

Featuring:
  • Introducing to NOTW is the S.P.E.C.I.A.L character customization mechanic as seen in the Fallout series. Before game-start, spend these points and create your character.
  • Skill points to further specialize your character. With at least ten different skills to choose from1, expect a wide-range of options to develop your traits.
  • Experience points to level your character. More levels, more skill points, the better your character becomes. Earn XP by voting, posting, carrying out night actions, and more.
  • Veterans of ATPG's Resident Evil series will recognize a game map2. Search the environment for items, interact with objects, and uncover the secrets held within.
  • Over 100 items present within the game. Some will grant specific bonuses. Others are building blocks for bigger and better things. Others still will have very specific and obvious uses. Crafting items will resemble the methods used within Minecraft.3
  • In-game economy. Can't find what you're looking for? Perhaps the in-game store run by your friendly neighborhood NPC4 can help!
  • Player vs player combat, in addition to the usual mass-murdering ways of whatever bad/good guys that may or may not be present! Manage your hit points wisely.
  • Personal Goals vs Team Goals: Do you side with your teammates for a bigger win? Or do you play selfishly and form your own path, leading to perhaps greater personal glory?5 You choose!
  • Abilities: Universal Abilities are back from NOTW XXXIX: Impending Retribution. Everyone can always do something, just some are going to be able to do more than others...
  • Fans of the Capo series will recognize a few mechanics, namely working together with your fellow players to boost your stats and chances for success. Find a particularly hard lock you can't pick on your own? Enlist someone to help and you'll both gain a boost to your affected stat.
  • And more!
My initial design has me targeting about 30 players, though in theory I could do more. Any less and it gets tricky, but going above 30 makes updating very time-consuming. This thread is to see if there would be that kind of interest on this forum. If not, I'll take the game over to totalwar land and host it there. I still have a ton of work to do, specifically the map, story plot, and character development, but the base mechanics are in-place and (should) work.6 I'll answer what questions I can, but please bare in mind: a lot is subject to change, and some stuff I cannot/will not answer until I have more things ironed out and chiseled in stone.

1. Still under development. May be more or less if I cut/add anything.
2. Under construction. This is hard.
3. Can you imagine having to vote for even 50 items in a phase? I can't. It's okay, I got us covered.
4. He may or may not be friendly.
5. Specific win conditions still under development.
6. No guarantees.

I'll fight for it here. I was just thinking that nothing short of a Backwards Logic or pizzaguy epic game could really resurrect this forum.

Can someone who has the alias "Logic" get in on this, or are Logic and Backwards Logic doomed to forever be mortal enemies?

I'd probably play but I

As I was trying to type, I'd probably play, but this forum annoys me anymore.

I'd prefer to host it here for continuity's sake, but I'm not getting the sense I'll come close to 30 people on CFC. There's still time, so I'll play it by ear.

Can someone who has the alias "Logic" get in on this, or are Logic and Backwards Logic doomed to forever be mortal enemies?

There can only be one! And I was here first!

Okay, now THIS is a game I'd come back to CFC to play. Or join a completely new forum I've never heard of before to play, if you went somewhere else totally different.

Basically I'll play it no matter where it's hosted.

That makes it about as official as it can be. :)

Top Bottom