Annoying Arnachy

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by wilkie, Feb 26, 2006.

1. wilkie

wilkie Chieftain

First game with conquests, playing on chiefy, huge map and 7 other civs. Managed to wipe Portugal off the map, now working on the annoying, backward Germans. The war is a long and drawn out affair (no direct land route) and Democracy wasn't going to work. I hadn't tried Facist so I authorized a revolt.

I had expected a few turns of arnachy...but I'm on turn eleven. The entire reasoning behind switching governments has only 4 cities left, so this may be a moot point. I don't think eleven turns of arnachy is normal and it's starting to annoy the hell out of me. Any other stories of insane arnachy periods? I've read a little on the forums and it seems going Commie might be better. Thoughts?

2. Padma

Padma the Absent Admin Administrator Supporter

Depending on how you define "turns of anarchy", you should never see anarchy last for more than 9 turns.

Also, Communism would be your best government choice, IMHO. ;)

3. vmxa

vmxa Deity Supporter

No what made them say that is when the revolt and go to the advisor it says back in 9 turns.

I cannot swear to it, but I am pretty sure I saw 11 turns. Anywat after to revolt go to the advosro and see what the number is that it gave you.

4. Evil Tyrant

Evil Tyrant Eccentric Dictator

If you want to have a short anarchy time, start playing religious civs. They must only endure two turns of anarchy when changing governments.

5. wilkie

wilkie Chieftain

After posting and loading the save game, the very next turn let me pick a gov. And it was nine turns, not eleven...I blame sleep deprevation for my poor subtraction. Off to crush the Russians under the Sumerian hammer and sickle...

On a side note, I tried Facist and found my income went from +90 to -87...eeek. It seems the 'nusiance' corruption is a very, very, large nusiance. *Runs to the Kremlin*

6. DBear

DBear unbeliever

Fascism sucks in C3C. There is no reason to ever use it.

7. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

unless you REALLY need a lot of unit support. 10 per metro... :eek: