1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Annoying resource bug, any way around it?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Bug Reports' started by Cheps, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Cheps

Cheps Chieftain

Playing BTS with patch 3.19 and BUG mod, I had this VERY annoying bug happen to me a few times already:

I have several strategic resource of one type (iron, oil, etc) and lose one (one of my city is captured or tile is culture flipped). Then I should still have it because I have several of it, but I can't use it to build units.

Exemple in my current game: I have 3 irons, none is traded, I'm killing Isabella with cuirassiers when Angustus declares on me and capture a city with ONE of my iron. Now I can't build cuirassiers. I still have 2 irons with mine/road connected to my cities, double checked that I'm not trading any, when I go to trade screen it says I have 2 to trade.

This is really killing me, with iron I'd have enough production to push back Augustus, but with just muskets I just can't (he has cuirassiers as well). I also once almost lost a game with the same bug but with oil in modern era.

The only way I found to solve it is to destroy a mine and then rebuild it. Unfortunatly losing the resource reset production, and by the time the mine is rebuilt I'm already 10 cuirassiers behind what I should have.

Anyone seen this before, is it a way around it (maybe world builder? I'm not familiar with it)? Couldn't find anything in the forums.

I hope I don't sound harsh but I'm really frustrated right now :mad:

2. JujuLautre

JujuLautre Deity

You should post a save

3. Cheps

Cheps Chieftain

Yeah I will next time it happens.