1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Annoying Sounds - A Softer Pillage Sound

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Trig_82, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Trig_82

Trig_82 Chieftain

OK.. i'm not sure whether this has been said already, i know its planned in the patch release, but until then...

Right the pillage sound is in the 'Assets\Sounds' folder of your Civilization IV installation. The filename is 'CityRevolt.wav'. You may wish to make a copy of this file if you ever wish to revert back.

1. Close Civilization IV.

2. Rename the existing file (CityRevolt.wav) to say CityRevolt_backup.wav

3. and take another less aggressive sound file, e.g combat.wav; Make a copy this file.

4. Rename the new Copy of combat.wav to CityRevolt.wav

5. Go to your 'Documents and Settings\Application Data\<Your Profile>\My Games\<civ 4 folder name>\' windows folder (e.g C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\<Your Profile>\My Games\<civ 4 folder name>\) and delete the 'cache' folder.

Make sure Civ IV is closed when you delete this folder otherwise the old sound may be cached.

I had a quick search for this on the forums, if this is a repeat post then i apologise.

If this didnt work for you... post and let me know what happened. First time it didnt work for me because i accidentally named my copy CivicRevolt not CityRevolt...lolol

2. MeteorPunch

MeteorPunch #WINNING Supporter

Firaxis is going to change the pillage sound in the first patch, just to let you know.

3. Trig_82

Trig_82 Chieftain

Yes i know that but until then.. When they do the file will be overwritten with the updated one anyway so...

Oh dear the Advanced HTML Editor is annoying jeez! took me 5 mins to get that right

4. aeric67

aeric67 Chieftain

This post made me laugh. I remembered how annoyed I get with the pillage sound, but never realized it until now.

5. Steve2000

Steve2000 Mighty Pirate

I love the pillage sound. I plan on modding it back in once the patch is released.

6. Neomega

Neomega Deity

I had to just throw in a lol too... pilliage sound sucks

7. auldian

auldian King

Is there a way to mod a file in such a way so the pillage sound only activates one time at the beginning of my turn? At present it plays for every pillage event. Slowly. Like water torture.
    I play vanilla Civilization IV.

8. Thorn

Thorn King

You could just replace the sound with an extremely short blank sound file.

9. auldian

auldian King

I have a mute key that it's second nature to tap. I was just curious if a "once per turn" vs a "per incident" was possible.