Annoying tapatalk popup on my iphone

Heathcliff

Tactician
I have had enough of the commercial for tapatalk that comes up every time I open this site on my iphone.
Could you please remove that advertisement.
I have gotten the point that you can download that 3rd party software if I want to.
I don't like to have to close that advertisement ever single time I enter the homepage.

Are cookies enabled on your iPhone? If so, and you click Cancel on the ad, it shouldn't appear again for 90 days. If you don't want to enable cookies, please post again and I'll investigate further. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I've been testing when I get the add in Chrome and Safari.
I do not get the popup when I open and close my webbrowser.
But I do get it if I restart the application /which you do by doubleclicking on the button and then "throw away the app". Which I guess resets cookies then.
Sometimes that restart happens automatically, if a webpage doesn't work/ respond properly.
That combined with that most forums on the web gives you the same add, then you just see that exact same add alot.
It is not a big deal, I can just close the add. But for every user that reports a problem on a forum, there is probably many who thinks the same, but are too lazy to report it.

I just tested it on Chrome on Andoird, there was a convenient X in the upper right corner and it seems to get rid of it (presumably for the 90 days).

Tapatalk adding "Sent from my iNobodycares using Tapa-nobodyfcares" is genuinely far more annoying and spammy.

Though seeing how CFC has an ad for Tapatalk, I would hope they get something in return for it.

It would be pretty darn sad if CFC earned nothing for all the tapatalk spam they allow here.

Phone in built browsers are already more than sufficient, and I'm sure better than such apps.

We don't get anything from tapatalk actually. I tend to agree with you it's probably a good idea to remove it.

EDIT: I have disabled it for now.

Pity. I liked that app.

Nope. It doesn't work.

Tapatalk is working for me. I'm actually using it right now. So I don't see why other people have problems.

CFC is not working on my Tapatalk either. Latest version of Android on a Samsung Galaxy 6. When you try to read your subscribed/followed CivFanatics forums, the error message: "The Tapatalk Plugin is not activated in your forum." shows up.

Can you please bring it back to functionality for everyone? That app is amazing and the reason why I can browse the site and post so much more often. If CFC no longer supports it, my activity on this site will fall precipitously.

CFC is not working on my Tapatalk either. Latest version of Android on a Samsung Galaxy 6. When you try to read your subscribed/followed CivFanatics forums, the error message: "The Tapatalk Plugin is not activated in your forum." shows up.

Can you please bring it back to functionality for everyone? That app is amazing and the reason why I can browse the site and post so much more often. If CFC no longer supports it, my activity on this site will fall precipitously.

I agree Zenmaster! Tapatalk makes the things much easier!

+1 support for Tapatalk
says the same massage like Zenmaster said on android!

I have re-enabled tapatalk, but disabled the popup that prompts for install.

Let me know if this works or not...

Top Bottom