Annual income per capita please!

Zalcron

Prince
I know this will sound minor in the grand scheme of things, but I hope they reintroduce annual income per capita that dissappeared after civ 2. It's interesting to know what ones people live like. Gdp on its own does not tell a nations standard of living. I assume demographics will still be in it?

>Annual

for barely ancient era when one turn is like 60 years long and there is no economy to speak of?

Well, demographic screen is cool and so on, but there are a lot of things with much higher priority.

Even though I'd like to see it myself, I'm ok with using mods for the demographic screen if the saved developer work will be spent on making gameplay better.

I loved as thw demographics stuff too- the more detail they put in the happier Ill be in that regard. Immersion is everything to me, and that sort of stuff helps a ton!

Demographics is an interesting opportunity to make use of the new espionage/rumors system for the developers. It is a little silly to have a global ranking screen of all Civs, including those you haven't met, and they've expressed interest in having intelligence on other Civs being something you have to work for rather than automatically know.

If well-executed, it could be an interesting feature. Of course I won't even consider them leaving out something like a demographics screen altogether. This is a strategy game, having that kind of information is a no-brainer. It just seems like they could give us the opportunity to work a bit for it.

Moderator Action: Moved to Ideas & Suggestions

Stuff like that takes very little time to code compared to making the game look pretty. It'd be a very worthy addition for people that don't care too much about the looks of the game.

And while we're at it - a nicer end game map history summary screen. CivV didn't show landmass coastlines at all, and didn't differentiate enough between blue sea tiles and certain blue nation's borders.

Top Bottom