Anonymity and members photos II

Well my real name is *spambandit* but I rather wisely decided to change it when I entered the forums.

I welcome the anonymity anyway and have hidden my e-mail address I used to register. I'd like the chance to have the CFC news sent to my yahoo! address now that I've been here ages and if I leave my job for another then all the subscribed thread messages and other stuff would go to a dead account.

Originally posted by JoeM

Switch625, wasn't that Def Leppard? The album with the truck on the front?

Def Leppard is correct, and I'm impressed! It's one of their more obscure songs. However, it is from the album "High 'n' Dry." This album has a guy diving into a pool on the front.

Originally posted by Switch625

Def Leppard is correct, and I'm impressed! It's one of their more obscure songs. However, it is from the album "High 'n' Dry." This album has a guy diving into a pool on the front.

Oh yeah I was thinking of...something to do with night...'On through the night'.

Maybe I'll change mine to 'Little Lover'...

I fail to see the attraction of revealing as much as possible about yourself to a bunch of people on the other side of the world. I don't really operate on a level of informality: my acquaintances and relatives address me as "Sir" at our most informal. (And also we have the lovely private school habit of addressing people virtually exclusively by their surnames. :D)
There is no real reason or point that my details, picture, or name need to be dissemninated about the place; certainly it enables a certain level of plausible deniability.

Originally posted by Simon Darkshade
I fail to see the attraction of revealing as much as possible about yourself to a bunch of people on the other side of the world.
I think it's curiosity to see how people look when you have read so many of such a person's posts. Personally I find it nice to see someone's picture and finding out that the person looks nothing like you would have imagined. :)

Originally posted by Simon Darkshade
There is no real reason or point that my details, picture, or name need to be dissemninated about the place; certainly it enables a certain level of plausible deniability.
I agree that you shouldn't post a picture of yourself, it's quite likely that you would ruin your image that you built up here at the forums. :D ;)

I'd love to change my nick as I don't really like it any more. But, I've used it for too long already. Chiefpaco is my 100% adopted worldwide nick. First, because no one else would be using it but...

'Chief' comes from what my friends in University called me, in a condensending way. "Hey there, chief!" Don't worry, we all had condencending nicks, like slugger, Big Guy, etc...

'Paco' was my Quake pseudo. I just like the sound of it. Plus it rhymes with taco. I like tacos.

I think the nick acts as a front for me. It's interesting when I develop relationships under nicks, rather than real life. I can't hide underneath it too much though. I let my personality through, even if a real face & name isn't attached.

My wife and all my friends call me Stormerne. I chose it because it meant eagle of the storm and sounded roughly the same in all North European languages. I was a pilot then and I loved "high contrast" weather.

However, the name itself is only 10 years old and for the 40 years before that... well, I didn't have any real friends. The only people still to use any other name are my mother and some of the people I work with.

Attachments

• mini_stormerne.gif
    mini_stormerne.gif
    6.7 KB · Views: 108
Well, I wanted a different nick - 'Ice' - on a Falcon 4 site - and it was taken. So, I ended up plain old Henry (which, non impressive for a pilot nick, wasn`t taken yet). Then, one day, I chattet with some guys and mentioned the nick thing and they went: "Well, you`re too hotblooded for 'Ice' any ways, you`re more of a suicidal maniac Killer.."

and that one stuck, but since it was longer than allowed they cut it to 'Killer'.

I changed my MP playing style to fit the image (I used to be way carefull, but when the ohter guy was better I did the suicide shoot-out - better odds) and then the site closed down.
So i was hoping to get my personal avatar and nick back here------pity we can`t have personal avatars!

Originally posted by Becka
The only reason I use Becka here is because I had emailed Thunderfall (because all I had was a free email account) and I signed my email "Becka" and that's what my name became. But it was alright because I couldn't think of a good name anyway.

Then for some reason I started using "Playa del Carmen". I liked it because...because, well, I don't know why. Perhaps it's bringing out some part of my personality I don't use in real life.
I was wondering what your name was over there. Well, no one can blame be for blinding them. :D

Ah, my name cause it sounds intimidating. You know, Death comes on a pale horse (ew!) and all that biblical stuff. That's how I got the email address since someone used PaleHorse76, rat bastard won't even reply to my emails.

Originally posted by PaleHorse76
I was wondering what your name was over there. Well, no one can blame be for blinding them. :D

Ah, my name cause it sounds intimidating. You know, Death comes on a pale horse (ew!) and all that biblical stuff. That's how I got the email address since someone used PaleHorse76, rat bastard won't even reply to my emails.

I always thought Palehorse76 had something to do with a sick, whiny horse:D :D , I thought death comes on a "dark" horse.

Top Bottom