Another AI Democracy cheat?

Cartouche Bee

Appropriations Consultant
In my current game the Persians have one city. They are in Democracy so they have to pay each turn for units they have, NOT! With zero gold, no saleable improvements and 100% research they get to keep and build more armies. If you or I were to try that we would lose all the units that could not be paid for. So, I wonder if AI ever have to pay for units under Democracy?

Yes, investigating city shows government and research rates cause you zoom into the city view. (cost a whole 15 gold in this instance)

If they had more cities, it might be easy to miss this but with one city it is a pretty straight forward situation.

What difficulty level are you playing? Above Regent (maybe at Regent?) the AI gets limited free unit support, regardless of government - check the editor for exact unit support numbers.

How do you know that the AI doesn't just have likr 5 gold per turn going to the units? You really can't be sure exactly how much they are making.

Originally posted by Catt
What difficulty level are you playing? Above Regent (maybe at Regent?) the AI gets limited free unit support, regardless of government - check the editor for exact unit support numbers.

Catt,

It's on Emperor so if they have free unit support for a certain number of units then that would explain it. Don't have access to editor right now but I'll check it out.

Thanks!

CB

Yeah, they get free unit support (8 on Emperor, plus 2 more for each additional city they have).

It is cool, when I was playing GOTM6 (warlord level), and after the English were down to 1 city with 1 pop, they had to disband their units! The English kept landing a unit on my shore to attack an undefended city, but the unit had to be disbanded before it could attack! :lol:

CartoucheeBee: maybe they do disband a unit.....

I don't know, but if they run a seriuos minus in my games, i only see them loose 1 improvement per tunr, same as the worker dogpile exploit, only 1 guy dies per tunr even if there is 200 food missing....

Top Bottom