Another amendment proposal for rule 2.4 on renaming

Should the proposed amendment be ratified

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
Here is yet another amendment on the renaming rules. Arranging our vote is a messy job but someone's gotta do it... :cringe:

Here's the original rule:
2.4 - Misleading through Renaming

Description: No team or individual is permitted to rename a unit or city with the intent of misleading or confusing opponents.

Definition: Cities can be renamed to names of tech or sums of gold or anything else in an effort to not trade what that opponent agreed to. Units can be renamed to other units and appear to be something else entirely.

Purpose: To prevent the misleading or confusion of another team through malicious use of in-game features.

Verdict: Using this 'feature' or any other feature or exploit that allows misleading or confusing another team is a violation of this rule.

Punishment Level: Once – Red (5-Expulsion and forfeiture of double what was not legally traded)

Here's the proposed amendment
2.4 Amendment said:
2.4 - Fair trades and peace treaties; unit transparency

Description: No team or individual is permitted to misrepresent what is offered in trades or peace treaties. No team or individual is permitted to misrepresent unit types.

Definition: Cities can be renamed to names of tech or sums of gold or anything else in an effort to not trade what that opponent agreed to. Units can be renamed to other units and appear to be something else entirely.

Purpose: To prevent the misleading of another team through malicious use of in-game features.

Verdict: Using the renaming 'feature' to name a city after a tech or sum of gold is a violation of this rule. Using the renaming 'feature' to name a unit after another type of unit is a violation of this rule.

Punishment Level: Once – Red (5-Expulsion and forfeiture of double what was not legally traded)

Yeah, version 3! DS, I understand your suffering :).

I suggest to vote no, just to upset TNT :evil:

More serious: I fail to see the point of this amendment, except that it will make the city list on the F11 screen harder to read. Of course this is the n-th attempt by TNT to avenge, or prevent a repetition of, their perceived "injury". As a general principle, I prefer broad rules interpreted by sensible admins, rather than restricted rules that will inevitably open up loop holes. Donsig has a bit of a reputation for (ab-)using loopholes, which makes me suspicious about restricted rules.

On a technical level I don't understand the structure of this rule. The first 4 paragraphs repeat the same thing over and over again, but in an inconsistent way :confused:.

Vote: no.

does this mean you cant make a trade and then back out stright away? or ROP Rape? because these are all parts of the game

Top Bottom