Another deity game - Gandhi

michmbk

Emperor
This is the map I had rolled and planned to post a few days ago when Grashopa beat me to it and posted the lincoln game. Since I got an early DOW in that, I made a quick exit on that one. So I'm posting this one next. I'm going to wait to play it a bit, as I want to play the Sid game first, but maybe posting it now will spur some discussion/shadows.

Just to tempt everyone - a look at the start:

My thoughts on it after settling and scouting:

Spoiler :
Marble in the BFC as well. Obviously, on any level below deity, this capital could wonderspam all game long. As it is, we should be a lock to get the great library, and perhaps a few other wonders if we heavily prioritize. It does look like a nice map for the human.

Also, there's no food in the BFC! Do we cottage up the FP or farm them? Either way, the capital can be pretty strong under bureau, even without food.

Attachments

• Gandhi Deity 4000 BC.CivBeyondSwordSave
    75.4 KB · Views: 40
Farm it all! Seriously you can build henge, and mids as well here. Look at obsoletes games... Tech path AG -> masonery -> wheel or something.

Hahahaha omg I quit. A better player could do something with this maybe, but not me!

For what it's worth I farmed the FP :rolleyes:

spoiler stuff -
Spoiler :

-On a small island with only Mehmed and no religion.
-No early DoW but he's cautious and settled into me so demerits for close borders.
-Mehmed SUCKS as a trade partner. Not only is he stingy, but I'm kicking his rear end badly in techs with ~150 BPT 1AD. Too bad the rest of the world is kicking my rear end.

1AD - AP is built in Christianity
125BC - Taoism fidl
325BC - Great Library bidl
700BC - Parthenon bidl

-Can see Celtic borders off the west coast of Mehmed's half of the island, but unless the celtics win the 2nd border pop before Mehmed does then no contact can be made until optics.
-Only happy resource is ivory.

Every other wonder possible up to this point including The Colossus and Chicken Pizza have been built. Only HS has yet to be built but at this rate it's due soon.

Good luck michmbk!

Thanks - I'm going to give it a go tomorrow I think - messing with a few other games tonight and I don't feel like concentrating too heavily tonight. After fiddling with it for 15 turns though, it seems like the most favorable deity map I've drawn so far.

and oyzar, I'm with you - I was thinking farm made sense, but I'm always drawn to cottages. Guess PHI should draw me to wonderspamming w/farms/mines in this one.

Michmbk:

Spoiler :
Checking the start, I see something odd... No food resources, at ALL? Huh?

Michmbk:

Spoiler :
Checking the start, I see something odd... No food resources, at ALL? Huh?

Cheese:

Spoiler :
I said the same thing - really strange. I guess the FP count as nice food tiles when farmed, but still. There is plenty of food nearby though, so secondary cities appear as if they'll be pretty strong.

Top Bottom