1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Another Era added? But I lost interest three era's ago in industrial.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Dearmad, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Dearmad

Dearmad Dead weight

How about we fix stuff that is actually sort of meh, if we can't call it broken. :sleep:

Zuizgond, j51, Xur and 2 others like this.
  2. row2infinity

row2infinity Chieftain

Can you elaborate because I'm fully engaged up until the turn I win lol...

Chefofrats and Leathaface like this.
  3. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Chieftain

In fact I seldom see industrial. You know, industrial era comes around T170, which is not very easy not to win before that.

But you can research those 21st century techs in Medival or Renaissance era, that is somewhat fun I guess.

4. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

For most people, that wintime is actually pretty hard. Though I do realize that once you are properly minmaxing, it becomes easy.

Anyway.

Perhaps pay some attention? We have world congress, reworked warmonger system, climate change, disasters, quite a lot of stuff to keep earlier eras entertaining.

5. WorldWarIV

WorldWarIV Captain

No kidding. How do you even manage to do that :confused:

6. AriochIV

AriochIV Analyst

There's no way to know whether the changes improve the existing game until we play it. So there's no way to answer this question.

Civrinn, sonicmyst, Siptah and 4 others like this.
  7. kryat

kryat Chieftain

Things I enjoy about modern, atomic, and information eras:
    -Combat is substantially more fun once we’re talking battleships, aircraft, subs, and carriers, even if the AI isn’t counterplaying correctly
    -Founding National Parks is a nice feel-good moment
    -Building the Eiffel Tower
    -Neighbors are pretty relaxed... until a world war breaks out
    -Placing seaside resorts and neighborhoods

Things I hate about the same eras:
    -Assigning (and reassigning) trade routes
    -Micro management of too many units with nothing to do
    -Moving archaeologists across the map
    -Moving anything across the map
    -Not having anything to explore, except maybe some tundra with nothing but barbarians

8. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

haven't been able to finish too many of my late games, but it may be I'm a little burned out on civ6. I'll take all of January off and of course February up until the 14th.

I still love the late game, but it can get bad if you know you are going to win. Or one case I knew the win was inevitable, but wasn't interested in conquering that many cities.

The moving part is easy. It's spotting the archeological sites which can be a strain on the eyes sometimes. I generally don't have too many problems moving unless I have trouble getting open borders with some civs. I certainly hope you aren't moving them one turn at a time.

9. kryat

kryat Chieftain

No, certainly not! But if they are interrupted, it can be a challenge to remember where they were going. And I doubt anyone likes seeing “30 turns” as a distance.

10. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

There is an indirect way: if they do not improve the AI by a multiple of 25, I will be 99.8% confident that the changes will not improve the game.

Given the track record, what are the chances that they improve the AI, let alone by a huge amount?

Yeap.

11. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

I've been contemplating that if I ever go back to playing Civ 6, I'll try it on Quick speed instead of Standard. Adding another era makes me even more inclined to try this route.

Too bad you can't play Standard speed for the Ancient and Classical Eras, switch to Quick at Medieval, and Online speed at the Industrial Era.

j51, Buthera and acluewithout like this.
  12. Pistol90

Pistol90 Chieftain

I agree to certain degree, but there will be some new and interesting things in GS. I think that loyalty sistem could have been reworked so it will become more important in at least Industrial era. It is too easy to keep loyalty after mid-point in game, and if they reworked that combined with everything other it could be interesting. I have seen big empires crumble because of loyalty in early/mid game, but never late game.

13. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

I've had the problem where you have so many sites and diggers you cant keep track of who is going where, and so you assign multiple diggers to the same site.

Imo unit movement is definately a pain.

How about trying to get the promotion buff on a fleet with 70 battleships while also trying not to get a move units request from england or norway?

Stack me please.

14. Trav'ling Canuck

If you have 70 Battleships, there shouldn't be an England, or a Norway.

Drakul, 679x, Babri and 1 other person like this.
  15. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

I try not to war.

16. UncivilizedGuy

UncivilizedGuy Civ is brain candy.

The game begins to feel repetitious to me by the time I reach the Modern era. I’m hoping the new content solves this problem. The World Congress will definitely give us something else to do and a Future era appeals to me. Natural disasters, global warming and resource consumption should make the game more interesting.

KyivanRusCivPlease likes this.
  17. AriochIV

AriochIV Analyst

I look at it this way: even though the game rarely gets to the late eras in terms of game date, I usually run out of techs and/or civics longer before the end of a culture or science win. So extra technologies and civics might be welcome even if they don't affect the outcome of the game, or if the world never even gets to the new era.

Siptah and acluewithout like this.
  18. Trav'ling Canuck

Says the guy who built 70 Battleships! :crazyeye:

You took Teddy's Big Stick motto to heart! :lol:

Civrinn likes this.
  19. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Also we're getting a bunch of new systems that afgfect late game (power, power plants, consequences of global warming, re-worked victories, world congress) so while it may not be "fixed", there's going to be new content that will spice it up.

20. Steamboat Willem

Steamboat Willem Chieftain

And there is a lot that can be tweaked "behind the scenes" so to speak. Tech and civic costs, chopping and harvest yields, cost increases of districts, builders, and settlers, great person points needed...