Another error affecting AI (Medieval error)

There is another thing to consider with this errors. Lets assume Firaxis testing this game (more or less...) and looks for some balance. They tweak some things along the way. Nerfing one yields, buffing others...All this balancing happens with these errors on. This errors are included in the equations for Firaxis QA (I asume they have one). Hence question: how much we are "breaking" the game fixing this errors. Assuming that this game is anyway broken we dont lose much, but anyway I am still not 100% sure we are doing right with all this YEILDS fixing.

There is another thing to consider with this errors. Lets assume Firaxis testing this game (more or less...) and looks for some balance. They tweak some things along the way. Nerfing one yields, buffing others...All this balancing happens with these errors on. This errors are included in the equations for Firaxis QA (I asume they have one). Hence question: how much we are "breaking" the game fixing this errors. Assuming that this game is anyway broken we dont lose much, but anyway I am still not 100% sure we are doing right with all this YEILDS fixing.

This is a risk. There's a related risk, though, that the developers may expect these lines of code to be having an impact, and may even see (human ability to confirm biases being very strong) the behaviour they tried to code the AI to exhibit.

In the end, I think the development of the game will benefit if all lines of code either do what they were intended to do, or are purposefully deleted/commented out. You are quite right, though, that the longer an ineffective line of code goes without being noticed, the more likely it is that correcting will have another, unintended consequence.

I guess this doesn't make much sense since in Rise and Fall due to inappropriate era progression, in era_Classical actually includes Classical and Medival, in fact even Renaissance and Industrial in tech and culture progress.

I guess this doesn't make much sense since in Rise and Fall due to inappropriate era progression, in era_Classical actually includes Classical and Medival, in fact even Renaissance and Industrial in tech and culture progress.

This is incorrect. Strategies are triggered based on local player era, not global game era.

Another error with Medieval strategy was found recently.
"MedievalSettlements" missed in Strategy_Priorities.
Included fix into this mod:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/ai-strategy-conditions-fix.26760/

Not sure if that one's really been hurting the AI. De-prioritizing Settler production in the Medieval Era likely means their building things that are more useful to them.

I say this on an (unscientific) assessment of how effective the AI is in settling later cities, as the map gets crowded. Their Settlers tend to wander around lost for a long time.

Not sure if that one's really been hurting the AI. De-prioritizing Settler production in the Medieval Era likely means their building things that are more useful to them.

I say this on an (unscientific) assessment of how effective the AI is in settling later cities, as the map gets crowded. Their Settlers tend to wander around lost for a long time.
This all true but in contrary.
"SETTLEMENT_MIN_VALUE_NEEDED" Value="-10" and "SETTLEMENT_CITY_MINIMUM_VALUE" Value="50" increase number of spots suitable for settlement.
"SETTLEMENT_DECAY_TURNS" Value="-3" means that if current spot becomes for some reason unavailable, settler will switch to another spot quickly and will find it easier for changes just above.
In practice I would expect AI settling more actively closer to their already exsisting cities. Hence less wandering around and lost settlers.

This all true but in contrary.
"SETTLEMENT_MIN_VALUE_NEEDED" Value="-10" and "SETTLEMENT_CITY_MINIMUM_VALUE" Value="50" increase number of spots suitable for settlement.
"SETTLEMENT_DECAY_TURNS" Value="-3" means that if current spot becomes for some reason unavailable, settler will switch to another spot quickly and will find it easier for changes just above.
In practice I would expect AI settling more actively closer to their already exsisting cities. Hence less wandering around and lost settlers.

Then in that case, I'm all in favour of the developers' intentions being properly implemented in the game :)

Has anyone had a chance to play through a game or two with FearSunn's strategic fix mod?

Impressions?

Top Bottom