1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Livestream Diety As Bismark

Discussion in 'Multiplayer and LP's' started by IdioticUlt1mara, Mar 24, 2018.

1. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

So I decided to have another go at Diety difficulty. This time I am using SVN 10008 - I somehow managed to fudge up the update/SVN recently so I had to redo it recently, this is why I have Bismark as he was the random leader chosen when I previously tried this.

Anyways I will be playing with the same options as always except this time I will be adding in No Vassal States, No Animals Stay Out and Developing Leaders to showcase it

Anyways I will be livestreaming every so often on www.twitch.tv/idioticult1mara.

If everyone wants I can post every time I do livestream?

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I'd update again just before playing.

I think it's nice to see when you're streaming from here. I don't get much opportunity to join you but it's still nice to see it's happening.

3. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

Update again before playing? What the SVN why? *Goes to look at SVN*

4. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

Update to 10011 now. Time to start up again - hopefully it does not break my save I loved my Basalt organ, River and cave all in my fat X

5. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Has deity been toned down in recent releases? It used to be close to impossible simply because the AI civs all started with 2 cities, but it looks like this in no longer the case (right?)

Also, when did unit speeds get increased (your starting unit used to be speed 1, but I see its 3 now in this play through)

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

We've been trying to give Deity not such an immediate out of the gate difficulty overwhelm so much as an increasing effect as the game goes on. I'm not sure where we stand on some of that. Toffer's working on this end of things.

As for the movement, it's the status promotions that allows this speed but it's at a severe cost in terms of combat ability.

7. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

@Koshling I will admit that the 1 city thing did surprise me a lot tbh. However I hope that as @Thunderbrd says they "scale" better the further on in the game it gets. This is actually what the base BTS does the AI gets more and more benefits the later the era.

Also yeah I increase the speed of my starting unit speed by 2 and decrease it combat strength strength by half, seeing as it is only a strength 1 unit I dont mind doing this. I think if we had a wanderer to start with I would not do this as they are technically a str 2 unit until barb units arrive.

Anyways on a side note I am livestreaming again same place as always. Prob only going to be on for about 2 ish hours

8. Noriad2

Noriad2 Emperor

In the latest SVN version, the forced march button has been nerfed by rivers requiring several movement points to cross. It has no effect on units that only move 1 tile but faster units are slowed down considerably.

9. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

I will be starting my next livestream in about 15 minutes. I have to wait till my most recent draft of the Caveman2Cosmos game options is uploaded.

Also on a side note @Thunderbrd what do you think of me making a thread for all of my Let's Play playlists? Only updating it when a playlist is finished? I think I currently have about 11 playlists spanning from v23 to now. I think might be earlier I have been recording since v13 however I had to delete my previous channel and all other playlists due to reasons

10. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

Starting another livestream now - well in about 5 minutes

11. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

Livestreaming now for about 2/3 hours, depending on what the wee man wants to go to bed

12. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

Live-streaming now dudes and dudettes

13. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

Starting another stream now that the game seems to be working again

14. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

Livestreaming now. Not sure how long for probably about 2/3 hours

15. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

Livestreaming just now. Not sure how long for though

16. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

Livestreaming in about 5 minutes for an insanely long time

17. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

Streaming for the second time today will be playing Stellaris in an hour though

18. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

About to start another livestream. On a side note Deity seems to be a lot easier atm and research speed is far far too fast. I am in the 5000BCs and have Medieval Lifestyle

19. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

As I posted in your other thread forget the Dates. The Calendar is useless now. That Old system of mine is Gone and along with it the paring of Dates to Eras.

And yes Deity in 10011 Is easier. But if you Update you will break your save game. In fact you will also break any functionality the AI had as well. We have a serious problem now in the Mod that is going to take some time to get fixed. The AI has went stagnant.

20. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

@JosEPh_II yeah Kation said that the AI is borken atm I wont be updating it until I am done with this playthrough anyways ^_^