1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Livestream Diety As Bismark

Discussion in 'Multiplayer and LP's' started by IdioticUlt1mara, Mar 24, 2018.

1. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

Livestremaing now

2. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

Starting a livestream in about 10 minutes or so. Say about 9:30pm British Time

3. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

Starting my livestream now ^^. Just got Encyclopdiea and damn the spam when you get it haha

KaTiON_PT likes this.
  4. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

Just about to start again. This Encyclopedia makes teching not worth :p. Looks like Culture and war here I come :p

5. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I sure don't like to be so far behind that I'm able to get a tech from it. It's an insurance policy against falling too far behind at best imo. it's giving you what techs 2 other nations already know. If you're getting a huge onslaught of techs from it, you were very behind. Yes, you could surf the effect and turn off all research but then they're always at least a little ahead of you, and likely capturing all the wonders before you can.

6. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

@Thunderbrd I was very far behind in tech. The last few turns however I have used the tech advantage I gained from the Encyclopedia to go from 28 cities to 49 cities - that city trading man is so strongth lol - they are all ****** cities true but still cities :p.

Also I was kinda focusing a lot on cutlure this game. That can be shown pretty heavily with like 5 of my cities having more culture than any of the AIs top city

7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Interesting strategies. I suppose not working with tech trading I'd never have considered trading techs for cities.

8. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

@Thunderbrd also after trading all those cities, and getting all those different cultures, I realised Hong Kong culture is ******* broken. I can build 15 trade ships - each of which make 1000 ish gold in say 1.1 turns

9. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

That's not really THAT much for that time period is it?

10. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

Its more the fact that you can only build 3 of any other trade ship, yet you can build 15 of the hong kong one

11. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Meh... limits. National units all pretty much had a limit of 15 established and it must have escaped the original designer that this unit was compared to other units that had a limit already.

@raxo2222 Take note on this one to correct it when you can please.

raxo2222 likes this.
  12. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

I don't have SVN access yet :p

So hong kong trade ship must be limited to 3 units max?

It appears you can build 15 cultural trade ships of all types.
    You can build 3 normal trade ships of any type.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  13. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

You're probably correct that the limits should be corrected on all the cultural trade ships.

14. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

I found out that Nok Merchants are inaccessible like Liangzhu jades.....
    That is you can't build Nok culture.
    Same with Lydian/Venetian culture and their units.

Updated them all on my side.
    All culture trade units were here: Assets\Modules\My_Mods\New_Cultures.
    Now you can build only 3 of each type.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    IdioticUlt1mara likes this.
  15. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

Starting the livestream in about 10ish minutes. Gonna try and schedule it so that I am playing around 11:30 UTC+1 for the forseeable future

16. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

Livestreaming in about 3 mins for about 3 hours if anyone is interested in watching I would be happy to have ya ^^

17. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

Just about to start another livestream. Not sure if I will continue this playthrough to the end as I have 82 cities compared to the closest AIs 19 and people have been saying that the AI is kind of borken in this SVN version

18. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

Right now I am currently experiencing that weird bug I posted as a thread atm. I have restarted the game and my PC multiple times in the past 30 minutes. I will now clear the cache to see if that helps

19. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

Fixed so my stream will only be 2 hours long today. I still think that I will finish my playthrough very very soon as I have 4x the nearest AIs cities - fudge they are even trading me cities that are 50+ in pop for tech now so something is defo wrong with this save :(

O on a side note @JosEPh_II @Thunderbrd @Noriad2 and others - forgive me too many @ names to think of - there is a way to clear the cache for C2C/bug and not just the appdata/civiv/cache folder isnt there? If there is I cannot find it for the life of me :(

20. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

I think I have finished this playthrough. My actual score is now 300 above anyone else, mastery wise I am like 100 above anyone else, I have quadruple any AIs cities and I am just faffing about now. I think I can safely say I have beaten the game on diety mode with SVN 10009.

My next playthrough will not be until July 20th ish - I will prob start it before then, on stream maybe about 10th-15th July, to get it pre-uploaded for youtube.

What I am doing for the next run will be updating it offcourse, not using @Toffer90 UI modmod - even though I thoroughly enjoy it. I will also be running with Size Matters and Size Matters uncut to test it out a bit and to give some feedback to @Thunderbrd as well and not using Developing leaders this time around. I will be using Tech Trading and Tech Brokering as this is a tool the AI use very efficiently - and at Diety they do not like trading their tech with the human player.

I will also be making this a sort of "tutorial" as I have at least 1 comment stating that due to me being the highest level Let's Player currently on youtube/twitch for this mod, explaining what I am doing and why would help newer players. If @Noriad2 was doing LPs am sure he would be MUCH more helpful than I am but alas he is not :p

Another thing I would like to ask the above mentioned people and @JosEPh_II @KaTiON_PT @raxo2222 and anyone else really is what do all you guys think of the 3 worlds map script? Is it worth my time at least doing 1 playthrough of this?