another movement question

el toro loco

Warlord
when i leave a city w/ roads on both sides of it sometimes it only lets me go a single square out of the city and then next turn i can travel the roads like normal but other times i can leave a city and i can travel the roads like normal right from the start. all this is happening in my territory w/ no enemy soldiers in my territory. but the cities that have the exiting penalty are the ones closer to the enemy front.

Could you be crossing a river? I've noticed when I send out my first warrior to explore that if I send him east and my city is founded on the west side of a river, he can't make use of the road that my first worker has built. I KNOW this, but I still forget sometimes until it happens. :crazyeye:

el toro loco said:
when i leave a city w/ roads on both sides of it sometimes it only lets me go a single square out of the city and then next turn i can travel the roads like normal but other times i can leave a city and i can travel the roads like normal right from the start. all this is happening in my territory w/ no enemy soldiers in my territory. but the cities that have the exiting penalty are the ones closer to the enemy front.

if you just conquered them form an enemy it could be a bug. i know there's something like this with railroads that happens occasionaly. more likely a river though.

gmaharriet said:
Could you be crossing a river? I've noticed when I send out my first warrior to explore that if I send him east and my city is founded on the west side of a river, he can't make use of the road that my first worker has built. I KNOW this, but I still forget sometimes until it happens. :crazyeye:
Yep... No bridges till Engenering I think... Buggers...
it makes you think too about your workers and where and when the should road/mine/irrigate what tile and stuff...

Top Bottom