1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Another MP game??

Discussion in 'Multiplayer and LP's' started by Koshling, Dec 28, 2012.

1. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Rf will be back controlling America this upcoming turn.

JosEPh

2. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Well her nation has copper based units and mine are at best obsidian. I was not lucky enough to get copper in my territory. So most of my strategist has been to seem tougher than I really am. I could try to fight America over their copper at the border but I don't really want to start another 2 front war with them. My hope is I can hold off AI Mexico until i discover iron working and then hope there is iron in my territory.

Note in the last peace deal with America he gave me his copper but I cannot even make a national copper smelter until later on. This seems extremely broken since by the time I can get copper wares I will probably already have iron. And my unique culture units are all being wasted since they need a metal resource but I cannot even build them. In short if things were different the war with Mexico would have gone much differently when Whisper was playing.

Then hearing you guys are already getting Longbowmen? Geeze! How the heck did you guys tech so fast?

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

There's but one copper between you. She had to reach out far to get that copper herself.

Note that when YOU were setting up the rules and tech prereqs on the copper smelter and national copper smelter to reflect routes abilities to transport ore, Whisperr herself registered the same complaint about how hard it can end up being to get copper wares in the end.

Not over-investing into warfare right out the gate had a lot to do with that. You spent the early portion of the game being FAR beyond the rest of the world in military might. Just an observation. The bigger question I always had whenever I got a brief peek into your end of the world was more, how are y'all so far behind? I know the answer for ls612 was that he didn't pick his path through the tech tree all that effectively and failed to hunt aggressively when it was most possible to benefit from it. Can't say much more about you and RF though.

4. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

Turn done, Thunderbrd is up.

5. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

1. It was on her side of the mountains so she was able to grab it easier than I could. Infact just as I was going to send a settler there she grabbed it. So it was a good play on her part.

2. The hunting might be a big factor. I have found only a few animals to hunt. But yeah the early war probably did not help either.

However without metal and so far behind and very warlike. I feel a bit like Montezuma. ;)

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Turn taken! Hydro is up.

lol. But the continent is yours for the taking at this point. You just need to get that massive amount of cities you've got to graduate into true research batteries so you can get ahead of the needs you're currently suffering from not being able to secure.

7. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

And the first battle has been won. Slaves have been captured. And bandits have been seen leaving America to fight in the front lines against Mexico.

Took my turn. Koshling is up!

8. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

It's not committing. So here is the save file.

Attached Files:

9. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Turn taken. Welcome back RF.

10. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Rf you are next.

Please remember to Update your BtS/C2C MP mod with the latest DLL that T-brd made to fix a recent problem. Easiest thing to do is just delete the C2C MP Mod assets and sources folders and then from the C2C MP SVN copy/paste in the new Assets ans Sources folders to the Mod. If you have not already done so. I hope you have been watching the thread.

JosEPh

11. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Well I'm done for the night....

JosEPh

12. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Sorry guys, Rf said he was ready. Apparently not. I'll take America's turn this morning to get this moving again.

EDIT: Magnus next

JosEPh

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  13. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

Turn done, Thunderbrd is up.

14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Ok, my turn is complete. However, I just experienced a flaw that we have here. We've learned since this fileset version that this is BAD:

<Define>
    <DefineName>MAX_BOMBARD_DEFENSE</DefineName>
    <iDefineIntVal>100</iDefineIntVal>
    </Define>

We really should have this down at least a little. The above makes it possible to completely negate all bombardment (and not that hard to achieve either.) I realize I bring this up as I am facing such a situation here but surely we can at least compromise at 90% max on this?

Hydro is up.

15. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

We could discuss changing that once the current war(s) are over, but doing so in the middle is a little suspicious, as you noted.

16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Yeah but should we not have been able to assume that city bombard actions should at least work somewhat, even if minimally? I'm not asking for much leeway here... I brought a LOT I can use. But having them all completely negated by this one flaw in the system that we did not, as modders, realize was setup to potentially undermine the whole thing... seems a harsh penalty. Do we really want to say 'just because it was discovered during a war that it may be impossible to invade a city without using a spy to throw the city into revolt before attack, we should leave it that way until the war is complete?'

Put it this way, leaving it at 100% means only spies can enable some cities to be attacked at all. Because if you cannot reduce the city defenses, you cannot attack the city at all. At 100% or more bombard defense, it is impossible to reduce city defenses by any unit. Pretty sure we can all agree this was a particularly nasty design BUG, set this way by someone who did not understand the implications of allowing a city to achieve a full 100% reduction in bombard damage.

It MIGHT be possible that rams can get around this... I may need to find out.

17. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

@Joe
    I am ok with that deal. As long as you do not send bandits to my territory, I will keep my bandits out of your territory.

Took my turn. Koshling is up.

18. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

You already took 3 cities and Now when you come up to a city with better updated defenses you cry foul? And to think I've been Trying to tell you this for 3 LONG Years! BS! Lose some damn units for once and live with it Promo King! About time that monster SoD started costing you something. :mad:

19. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Agreed.

20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I can't lose units if I can't attack. This is not about odds being poor. It's about it being impossible to invade at all.

The city defense amount must be reduced to a certain amount to allow it to be attacked. If it cannot be reduced then I cannot attack it. At 100% bombard defense, no amount of bombard can reduce the defense.

This is a bug.