1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Another MP game??

Discussion in 'Multiplayer and LP's' started by Koshling, Dec 28, 2012.

1. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

Turn done, Thunderbrd is up.

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

3. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

4. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Done. Back to RF...

5. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

Again, more than 24 hours later, no rf. This is getting irritating. OK, getting is an understatement.

I'll be generous today. I really don't want to be, but I will. You have until noon, perhaps 1pm or so, to do your turn or I do it. In other words, about 12 hours from when this message posts. Unless someone else beats me to it.

6. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

Turns done, Thunderbrd is up.

Rf, your production queues were broken, so I fixed them. You are welcome.

7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

8. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

9. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Back to RF...

10. Spirictum

Spirictum Immortal

You're only 5 players playing this now? Wow, what happened?

11. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

I would almost suggest reading the last few pages, but there was a lot of arguing, so perhaps not. At it's base, one player completely lost interest and Retired. Another player was being conquered in war, lost interest in playing (my interpretation), and divided his remaining cities between his other neighbors.

12. rightfuture

rightfuture Emperor

cannot play turn

And someone has jacked up my building queues. it will take time to sort out. unfortunately not right now. i have a friend's birthday part and will have to do it in a few hours.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  13. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Glad you put this in, "lost interest in playing (my interpretation)". Because it is in error.

Had 3 choices:
    1. Die a slow death vs Brazil's Monster SoD
    2. Die a quick death with action taken.
    3. Fight 2 wars, one where I eat you up while at the same time T-brd eats me up. But since we were somewhat Allies I chose 2. Though in hindsight I probably should've done 3 since you were no real match.

@Spricitum,

Hello! :wavey:

JosEPh

14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Note: I have just updated the dll and a global file. This was to fix the maximum bombard defense, collateral damage mechanism and a minor fix in flanking.

Please update these files in your working C2C MP mod folder before continuing to play.

15. Spirictum

Spirictum Immortal

I've read a little bit, but it was too much to read. Well, good luck with this game!

@JosEPh_II

Hello!!

I've been working with Tbrd and Koshling in the Massive MP Game and I believe we will be able to play it soon! I can't wait to play with you guys again.

16. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Oh i thought that game was dead. I kinda don't want to play that one anymore. Perhaps if you guys are wanting to do a game again you guy should start a new game. That game was not all that far along due to bugs and delays.

17. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

While I know Spirictum is happy to have fixed the other game (and it was a major effort to do so!) I'm kinda in line more with this idea anyhow. I don't think Whisperr will want to pickup the other game again either and I got the same indication from Vokarya.

It's also looking like a good time to start anew codewise.

However, I would strongly suggest we use a second mod folder so we don't get conflicts of user settings between games as we did between the main and this one.

And this is all if anyone actually wants to start up a new game. I'm in. Joe... I understand your side of your decisions here and don't hold it against you. It was an interesting move. That's all I think about it now. I'd be more wary of it in the future of course.

The only things I feel I'm trying to debug in the core mod now is just clumsy AI decisionmaking... kinda weak on that front still but I'm at a point where I'm having a hard time figuring out why.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  18. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

Posted at 4:31pm on Saturday.

Still has not done his turn. Right, you have until this evening to do it, then I do. These delays are unacceptable.

Starting a new one could be interesting. Hopefully the start positions would not be quite as clumped as in the last two.

19. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Bah - I had sooo much better a starting position in that game than the current one :p Oh well, I'd be in on a new game also.

20. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

That's because Old World was voted in. The Everywhere with Meteor Breaks selection would've given a better spread. Plus the current PM2 is in much better shape than the one this one started on.

And how many of you are prepared to play with Hide and Seek, Size Matters, Fight or Flight, and LE and Criminals, Especially with Unlimited XP coupled with Developing Leaders? And Revolution is as borked now as it's ever been. It just does not fit a PvP MP game

There are also major changes in the whole NPC and Subdued Animals realm as well. Some of you would be in a state of "culture" shock with all the changes. ;)

But "if" T-brd were willing to limit him self on his favorite Options and Settings I would be interested in another go. But his intimate knowledge of all this new stuff is a major advantage. The playing field would have to be leveled somehow.

Also play would need to be more of the speed this game was from late November thru middle of January.

Perhaps even making this a faster game by restricting it to Normal gamespeed with 1000 turns. But definitely Not going longer than the speed of this one, Epic (1999 turns). Otherwise the Age of Discovery will never get reached.

Just some thoughts thrown out for you all to consider. There are many more yet to discuss.

JosEPh