Another MP game??

As I said above, Terrain Damage is on (x'd) in my game's BUG options, and since I'm immediately before Thunderbrd that doesn't seem to make a difference for him.

However, I seem to recall something much like this coming up in the past. If I recall correctly the advice given at the time was to start a new game using the same version of C2C as used for the multiplayer. In this new game, set the BUG options to how they should be for the multiplayer game. Then load the multiplayer game. The BUG options should carry over. Of course, I could be misremembering what that advice applied to.
So that implies that its dictated by the bug ini settings. Which means that any other games would reset it as well. Which means since we're using the same underlying documents between both of these MP games, they MUST use the same bug settings or one will end up resetting the other.

I believe it was during the first version update we did that some things went a little haywire on the settings. I'll try to align those settings with the method you mentioned as its probably the easiest way to do so - though I believe I could probably find the underlying documents and change those directly.

But as a group of players, I think we need to recognize that our MP games probably need to have the same Bug option settings and be willing to pick either this game's settings or the other game's settings and make sure we're all in agreement which one stands as the proper game rules, then all of us make sure to audit our own settings to match. And be wary of how an update can mess that up too.

Anyhow, I'll fiddle around with some things and see if i can't determine how to enforce changes to the options here. I assure you I did NOT attempt to manipulate anything in either game where the options were concerned aside from in the first rounds of those games taking a moment to look them over and see that they were set according to our votes, whatever those were.

To ALL Players:

I propose that the Game Does Not get upgraded to v30. Too many Big drastic changes that will break the MP game imho. What do you say?

JosEPh

Which change are you thinking of?

Also, my turn is done.

All you have to do is look at the SVN over the course of v29. We've had some very big and not thoroughly tested additions such as: Combat Mod additions, Civics still under construction, Religion (they are messed up now), Expanded Traits and Expanded Trait options, and Continued Bldg changes. And last but not least the hassle we had converting the svn from v28 to v29 which I do not want to go thru again. These just of the top of my head without going into Great Detail to explain and which should be obvious to all.

Edit: And lets not forget cannabilism and world wide slavery too.

JosEPh

I don't believe it's in the current game svn. And I thought DH implemented it right after the v29 release. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

JosEPh

See the edit above. I doubled check and both Cannibalism and Slavery are in v29 and thus our current game(s).

If you don't believe me just load up the mod and look under the civpedia under "Worldview" (there are several buildings).

Note I think after the release how tweaked and improved the Slavery system. So that would be even more reason the upgrade to v30.

If you use Slavery...

JosEPh

All you have to do is look at the SVN over the course of v29. We've had some very big and not thoroughly tested additions such as: Combat Mod additions, Civics still under construction, Religion (they are messed up now), Expanded Traits and Expanded Trait options, and Continued Bldg changes. And last but not least the hassle we had converting the svn from v28 to v29 which I do not want to go thru again. These just of the top of my head without going into Great Detail to explain and which should be obvious to all.

Edit: And lets not forget cannabilism and world wide slavery too.

JosEPh

Sorry, but I don't keep up with the SVN because I don't use it and I'm not a developer, so the changes are not in any way "obvious to all". I don't appreciate the condescension on your part. Just because you think something, doesn't automatically mean that everyone does. I'm not in your head, if you have an opinion, you have to explain it. You don't necessarily have to go into "great detail", but at least explaining the basics of why you think that certain changes will adversely affect game play would be helpful.

Just to go through the ones you did mention:
Combat Mod additions. How is this going to hurt the game?
I can see how changing the details of the civics mid-game could be odd. Presumably they would still have about the same flavor as the previous ones, so more input from you on what you think is bad could be helpful.
In what way do you think that the religions are "messed up" now?
Any expanded traits should not affect either of our games as we aren't using Developing Leaders, as far as I can tell. If you know of something that says otherwise, please share.
I doubt there would be any trouble with the MP SVN as it doesn't seem like Tortoise changes their stuff very often. Then again, I've only just started using it, and could be wrong. If that is not what you were referring to, please explain.

As to cannibalism and slavery, if you aren't planning on using them, why are you opposed to them being in the game? They wouldn't (directly) affect you, and would give the option to anyone who would possibly use them.

turn done , Rf next.

@MagnusIlluminus

Sorry, but I don't keep up with the SVN because I don't use it and I'm not a developer, so the changes are not in any way "obvious to all". I don't appreciate the condescension on your part.

Back off with the hostility now, totally uncalled for. Nor do I have to put up with it. Stop it.

JosEPh

Hostility? I don't understand how you see any hostility in what I said. I was just explaining my position, which is that I don't know what you are thinking. You assuming that everyone understands what you are thinking is condescending. That's not hostility, it's just fact. I'm sorry if fact offends you, but no hostility was intended. I suppose I could accuse you of also being unnecessarily hostile, but I won't as you thought I was so you responded in kind. That is understandable if not preferable. Perhaps we can discuss this rationally?

Turn done, Thunderbrd is up.

Turn Taken. ls612 may go.

I've found the user settings file to really be able to control the bug options mid-game. So as to make sure we're all in line on that, can the next person who knows they have their options set to everything we're supposed to have them on please make sure to commit an update on the MP user settings file? I'll then revert everything in mine, which I have no idea how got changed in the first place, and then update.

For those of us playing both games, this means they both must have the same bug options or we need two differing mod files between the games. One will override the other and surely this means there's some discord for those players regarding their options between the two games. At this point I think it would take a hack to allow us to rename the mod name expected by the save on one of the games so we can simply have two differing mod files in our mod folder to enable the differences without changing the options files every time you take a turn.

Turn Taken. ls612 may go.

I've found the user settings file to really be able to control the bug options mid-game. So as to make sure we're all in line on that, can the next person who knows they have their options set to everything we're supposed to have them on please make sure to commit an update on the MP user settings file? I'll then revert everything in mine, which I have no idea how got changed in the first place, and then update.

For those of us playing both games, this means they both must have the same bug options or we need two differing mod files between the games. One will override the other and surely this means there's some discord for those players regarding their options between the two games. At this point I think it would take a hack to allow us to rename the mod name expected by the save on one of the games so we can simply have two differing mod files in our mod folder to enable the differences without changing the options files every time you take a turn.

Turn done now.

Turn done Rf Next.

Wow 2 turns in 1 day! :yeah:

JosEPh :)

Top Bottom