1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

(another)New (redone) Unit: Dwarf Warrior 2.8

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Unit Graphics' started by Kindred72, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Kindred72

Kindred72 Vampire

Attached Files:

2. kbj

kbj Chieftain

:) Good Work Kindred72, you seem to have got the nack of the fantasy units now. What can we expect from you next.[dance]

3. Ville

Ville Chieftain

Great unit:goodjob:

4. cavemanf16

cavemanf16 Grand Poobah

Very nice indeed.

5. Balrog

Balrog Servant of Melkor

Yup nice work! :)

6. mrtn

mrtn Shaven not stirred

There is a transparency problem with the pedia icons. The first (photoshop)/last (psp) two colours in the palette should not be used in the picture, as they will turn up magenta in the game.
    Here is the fixed icons.

Nice unit! :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

7. Kindred72

Kindred72 Vampire

Ok, I have a question... is it necessary to change the pediaicons to 256 colors? Is it necessary to use a special "pallette" in the pediaicons?

8. Grandraem

Grandraem Alchemist

The pediaicons have to be 256 colour pcx files. As mrtn said, in photoshop the first two colours should not be used in the picture. I usually make them 'ff00ff', and 00ff00. This is magenta and a bright green. These two colours usually aren't used exactly in the picture. In paint shop pro, I understand that it is the last two colours of the palette that need to be the unused colours. I don't remember what size the icons have to be exactly, but you can match them to current unit icons from the Civilization folder.

Hope this helps.:)

9. mrtn

mrtn Shaven not stirred

Do you use psp or photoshop? If it's photoshop I can write detailed instructions for you, if it's psp I can only tell you what the end result should be like.
    About size: All large pedia pictures, whether tech, resource or unit icons, are 128*128 pixels large, and the small are 32*32.
    Post #1000! I really should get a life. :lol:

10. Kindred72

Kindred72 Vampire

I use psp7, my problem is that i never use the pediaicons for testing, and heck, i haven't actually played in forever. so, I never tested them. I will try to test them from now on.

11. mrtn

mrtn Shaven not stirred

If you just make the last colour (in your case) magenta, and the one before green, and don't use those colours in the pic you don't need to test them. When you give the pic a palette you can probably choose which sort of palette to use. Choose Custom, or something similar, and change the last two colours. That should do the trick. Maybe someone using psp can help you more.

12. Neomega

Neomega Chieftain

for icon files it is the last 2 colors in the palette, sam with leaderhead .FLC's. Unit FLC palettes are a whole different story.