Another oversight

bernlin2000

Prince
Overall, I'm really enjoying Civilization 5, as a really addictive game, with great combat. It doesn't hold up well though to basic comparisons of polish vs. Civ IV, a lot of which has already been brought up (and I won't go into). I was curious what people thought about the lack of viewable unit paths (i.e. after you have commanded a unit to move some multi-turn distance)? Is it honestly been completely ignored or is there some way to turn it on that I missed? When you're trying to arrange 10 units that are starting from your civ and moving to a civ on the other side of the map, it gets annoying that they stop whenever you accidentally direct another unit to move to the same hex as a previous unit :mad:. What do you guys think: just one more problem, or am I being overly critical?

Polish? Polish is good. A few things they need to fix, add etc but none of it game breaking.

Unit paths might be a good idea, I also found that somewhat irritating not able to see where I had ordered a unit before. Minor issue though.

I would also like to see the path for "route-to" when building roads. That way if i dont like it i can shorten it and do it in two steps instead.

Overall, I'm really enjoying Civilization 5, as a really addictive game, with great combat. It doesn't hold up well though to basic comparisons of polish vs. Civ IV, a lot of which has already been brought up (and I won't go into). I was curious what people thought about the lack of viewable unit paths (i.e. after you have commanded a unit to move some multi-turn distance)? Is it honestly been completely ignored or is there some way to turn it on that I missed? When you're trying to arrange 10 units that are starting from your civ and moving to a civ on the other side of the map, it gets annoying that they stop whenever you accidentally direct another unit to move to the same hex as a previous unit :mad:. What do you guys think: just one more problem, or am I being overly critical?

If the units are the exact same type why are you not moving them as a stack?

Look up Stack to see how this works in civ5.

OP, this game is far more polished than Civ 4 was at release. I got blackscreened for the first few days of Civ 4's release and it was very buggy. Of course it seems more polished now, with a load of patches and two major updates, but you'd expect that.

No, you're not... It's a problem. In just a few days now, I cannot count the number of times I thought I had sent the units I wanted to the area I wanted for a military operation... only to find I had accidentally issued contradictory orders. It gets even worse if they cross paths with another unit or set of units that I wanted to do something else with (or wanted to manually control).

I'm very glad stacks are gone, I like the hex map (still getting used to it, but it's a change where I definitely recognize the advantage and improvement even before I've gained the familiarity to become proficient with it), and I like 1UPT.

But - the lack of of visible paths makes multi-turn movement orders impossible. I've pretty much given up on it... tedious and annoying as it is, I'm now issuing individual, single-turn based movement orders.

Yea it would help to see the path especially for long journeys when I would like to see if it goes through a city state territory or not.

Top Bottom