Ansar01-the slow-moving idiots

Ansar

Détente avec l'été
variant:
no fast troops. EVER. no artillery. EVER.
will we make this an Always War game?we will see.
aim is to hone the slow warfare skills. no flanking, rushing or similar stuff.
this is the heavyweight championship slugfest.

this is a combo fun-training game.
there is NO MINIMUM SKILL LEVEL. though if youre a chietain level player, jut say so for roster placement.

thus im looking for players that want to move UP to regent-monarch
we will aim for a CONQUEST game.
we will play the FRENCH? No, we play with SM's as the Dutch.

ROSTER(now in playing order :D)

B-
Abubu/SW-
Tribute
Frog King/Ansar
jb1964
Theryman

and our very own merciless devil:

Bede :devil:

say hello to prince Abubu :worship:
i would still like to try it as GREECE though.
but your chief of this here mudhut, ansar. your call.
im just following orders.
those 50000 bodies were NONE of my doing. really they werent :mischief:

ello, Abubu.:wavey:
Once the group is here, we will discuss our tribe.:king: I'm more of a Carthage type of guy, but lets see till the group gets here.

Reserved:

Theryman- the x factor(not present)
soul_warrior- arrived with criticism :D
jb1964- is the ogre still in the swamp?(not present)
Admiral K.- the fearless idiot leader :D(not present)

:devil:

lurker's comment: I'll be watching you!

jb checking in. Sunburnt, hung-over and partially clothed. Sir!

I really don't like AA UU's. If we're going to go w/ Carthage or Grease (is the word) and play AW then we're going to get an AA GA. The AA GW wouldn't be totally horrible if we could get to Rep first. But a despotic GA would twist my stomach into knots.

BTW, the offer for the evil cat is still on the table.

jb1964 said:
jb checking in. Sunburnt, hung-over and partially clothed. Sir!.
i have nothing more to say :D

jb1964 said:
I really don't like AA UU's. If we're going to go w/ Carthage or Grease (is the word) and play AW then we're going to get an AA GA. The AA GW wouldn't be totally horrible if we could get to Rep first. But a despotic GA would twist my stomach into knots.
ok. you convinced me.
how about the dutch?
they make a decent pint, and if we make this an ARID, HOT, 5 BILLION YEAR world, we'll have lots of sun to drink our :beer: in.
jb1964 said:
BTW, the offer for the evil cat is still on the table.
are you refering to this one?

That poor bird. :lol:

That cat is pretty close to mine. It especially depicts his attitude.

Dutch are cool. They do make a good pint. I'm still fine w/ the French people w/ the outrageous accents.

The highest level units we'll be building before this game is a forgone conclusion are muskets and cannons.

Our best offensive units will be MI unless we substitute some other UU.

Early abuse of the AI's will be required to keep the research pace as slow as possible. I personnaly like the tactic of sending out a pair, or three, of spears, pillage and then park on a mountain.

The arty will allow us to set up cones of death. Elites at the apex to farm GL's.

Arty is going to be a big game changer for us so I would still like to try this out at Monarch. I think pulling this back to regent would make victory a certainty.

Carthage sounds fun because of the IND trait, and god knows we will need the roads up for slow movers. William of Orange sounds good too because you can never pass on AGR.

A definitely worthwhile alternative would be :viking:, because we will enter a huge offensive power gap between MDI's and artilleries with EVERY other civ... for instance the french, which d have a terrible accent, but a LOT of french canadians I know make a good point for themselves on that front, too ;)

Guerilla pillage tactics and an AA conquest sound reasonable, whatever the initial conditions.

:salute:

Ok, so it seems Dutch it is. The IND trait is good, but no match for AGR. Shall we play in a continents game to aid our seafaring trait? AW in pangaea is too weird...so many people coming and attacking..., but lets decide.

Tribute, you can join.:D What about you, B, was that post a sign up?:mischief:

So sorry to have you not participate AK, too many SG's?

I'll come up with some starts in the next few days...:scan:

Well, it seems the settings are as follows:

Standard- to kill the average amounts of AI.:hammer:
No Barbarians- We dont want pesky tribes annoying our prey.
Pangaea- they cant escape us.:evil:
70% - Give them some room, so it feels better after conquering a big empire.:p
Arid- So they die of starvation and drought in the harsh plains and desert.:food:
Warm- So they dont have a cold place...?
4 Billion- The Earth is not too old or young, which means equal elevation throughout the world.:scan:

SGL's : OFF (Dont want them getting one of the helpers, do we?)
Flips : ON (Standard rule, even though AI cities barely flip to each other...)

:devil:

lurker's comment: Far be it from me to give advice or suggestions but going Arid is going to stunt the AGRI trait of the Dutch. This is going to be fun to watch.

lurker's comment: Well, a desert pangaea is certainly going to make the Dutch less appealing than they usually are. (Personally, I find the Dutch very difficult to play poorly -- not that I haven't done so. But it does seem that whenever I jump up in level of play, it's been as the Dutch. Go figure.)

Wonder if anyone here is nuts enough to take a stab at this using the Hittities? Kind of an extra challange not to be able to build your uu ... :hmm:

Anyway, I'm reporting for lurking duty. Permission to come aboard and offer painfully obvious advice, Ansar sir? :salute:

SimpleMonkey said:
lurker's comment: Well, a desert pangaea is certainly going to make the Dutch less appealing than they usually are. (Personally, I find the Dutch very difficult to play poorly -- not that I haven't done so. But it does seem that whenever I jump up in level of play, it's been as the Dutch. Go figure.)

Wonder if anyone here is nuts enough to take a stab at this using the Hittities? Kind of an extra challange not to be able to build your uu ... :hmm:

Anyway, I'm reporting for lurking duty. Permission to come aboard and offer painfully obvious advice, Ansar sir? :salute:

Well, it says that we can't have fast troops. So if we start out as an expansionist we automatically lose with our scout's existence.

However, I assume ships are okay? Armies obviously are not.

And finally, I only wish to play a start that DOES NOT have the Spanish. Stupid Conquistadors. How the heck can you beat 6 space movement and insane AI luck with the RNG?

well, my intention for no fast movers....

i guess scouts are ok, sort of. as they are not military units.

ships are ofcourse ALLOWED.
how are we to get to the other side of the pond?
but if we are doing this as pangea, we can skip those too.
come to think about it, "scout's out" too!

theryman: its not a woman! well, technicxally it is :D but for illustartion purposes its the wailing, encouraging, reviving person!

Top Bottom