Antarctic Anarchy - a Civ 5 Anarchy Game

Gurra09

Emperor
I found a game in the Civ4 section not too long ago called an Anarchy game, which sounded like a fun concept so I will be starting one here. It's easy: basically anyone can say how I should play this game of Civ5 and I will follow that, limited only by a few number of rules.

- I will play the game in sets of ~10 turns after which I give an update on what went down. You can post anything that you want me to do during the next set of turns and I will do it, unless it goes against the rules. After each update there will be one week to give orders for the next update. Orders will be prioritised in the order they were posted, and things you haven't given orders about I will decide myself.

- Do not give orders that won't have much effect in the near future (~0-20 turns). This is anarchy game, not plan-everything-ahead-of-time game. But you can of course queue up construction or research projects and the like if it will happen reasonably soon.

- Do not give orders that contradict with orders already given for the set, those won't be followed and are just a waste of space. For example: person 1 says "name the capital Gurratown" and person 2 gives the contradicting order "name the capital Glorious Capital of France".

- You can if you want revoke your own orders before I say orders are locked for the next turn set.

- Do not give orders which will directly end the game or just ruin everything. By that I mean don't tell me things like "give away everything we have for free", "delete all units for no good reason", or "never settle the first city". Other than that, you can come up with whatever ordinary or crazy things you want me to do.

- Do not spam orders. There will be a limit of 2 orders per person per update. I reserve the right to change this if 2 turns out to be too many or too few.

- I would like it if you could post the actual orders in bold, to help make sure I don't miss anything.

- Last but not least: have fun and be creative! :)

Now moving on to the game itself. These are the settings I'm playing with:
- All DLCs and expansions are active
- Random Civ
- Antarctica Thawed map from Scrambled Continents (hence the title)
- Large size, 10 civs/20 CSs (this is the standard size for the Antarctica map)
- Ancient Era start
- King difficulty (harder than default but not too hard considering the nature of the game)
- Random personalities for AI leaders
- Pretty much everything random that can be random

And the civilisation chosen randomly to be our glorious Antarctic Anarchy nation is... Spain! Viva la anarquía!

Spoiler starting location :

Now it's up to YOU to tell me what the the Spanish people should do for the next 10 turns. Orders locked for first 10 turns. An update will be posted soon. :)

I say found a city on the rocky stuff and call it Anarquía.

Load game with Cit Names by Policies because it's awesome. :p

I say found a city on the rocky stuff and call it Anarquía.

Load game with Cit Names by Policies because it's awesome. :p

By rocky stuff, do you mean the Stone resource or one of the adjacent hills (if so, which one?)

As for the second order, I can do that since I have the mod, it's not game changing and existing saves can be loaded with it. But for future reference, people: don't order me to change settings of the game such as loading more mods but rather give in-game orders. :p

Move the warrior to the hill tile directly above where the Settler currently is.

Upon settling, build a Scout.

Also, does this mean we can make orders that are needlessly cruel, just for chaos and fun? Like, 'declare war on the first civ met'? (That's not an order, BTW...yet.)

Also, does this mean we can make orders that are needlessly cruel, just for chaos and fun? Like, 'declare war on the first civ met'? (That's not an order, BTW...yet.)

That you can do. Only things prohibited are deleting a lot of stuff and giving away all things for free because that really doesn't add anything fun to the game. But fun and chaotic orders can be something of the charm of anarchy games, doing things you normally wouldn't dream of doing. :p

Only things prohibited are deleting a lot of stuff and giving away all things for free because that really doesn't add anything fun to the game.

Aww, and just when I thought of 'Give all of your cities except the capital to the nearest warmonger'. :p

Since there haven't been much orders I will add another 12 hours to the timer (and in the future I will go with 72), as of now it ends at midnight local time anyway and that's late. :p

You people who have submitted just one order: feel free to give me a second one. There are plenty of areas where I currently have to decide things myself such as what to research, what to build after the Scout, what to do with the Warrior after it has arrived at the hill, or any other things you might come up with.

[TIMER="07/20/2015 10:00 UTC;Orders locked for first 10 turns. No time"][/TIMER] left to tell me what to do.

Research whatever it takes to use the rocky thing we're settling on.

If that's not feasible, maybe tech to calendar so we can use those colourful things.

Research whatever it takes to use the rocky thing we're settling on.

If that's not feasible, maybe tech to calendar so we can use those colourful things.

Both are feasible research options so which is it: Mining to Masonry or Pottery to Calendar?

Note that since they will be settling on the rocky stuff there can't be a Quarry built because of the city, and Stone isn't a luxury. :p But it's not up to me to decide. :)

Declare war on the first civ you meet.

In the year of 4000, a civilisation known as the Spanish Tribe found themselves in the middle of a marsh. On the horizon they saw grassy plains with rocky stuff on them, and the elders said "Let's live among the rocky stuff!" And so, they founded the settlement of Anarquía where a band of scouts immediately began training to explore other places in this world.

Spoiler :

A band of warriors were however unsatisfied with settling down and decided to go towards a hill, because from there they could view the whole world, they thought. When they arrived at the top, they saw a vast plain and two tall mountains, and continued on to explore westwards along the coast.

Spoiler :

The Spanish used a mysterious calendar which stemmed from ancient days. The first tribe elder had decided on a very high number which they would then count backwards from. So, it was the year 3840 when the warriors saw gold and remnants of an ancient civilisation further along the western coast.

Spoiler :

When the scouts of Anarquía finally had completed their training they didn't know where to scout because nobody in the city had given any orders. So they simply decided to go north into the tundra. From a hill they spotted ruins of an old settlement and a magnificient mountain they called Grand Mesa. Upon the discovery of la Mesa, the scouts found 500 gold coins lying around on the ground - this must surely have been a sign from the Gods!

Spoiler :

Many great treasures were found in the two ruins. To the west, the Spanish warriors investigated this ancient culture and found 20 cultural artifacts to send home to Anarquía. Upon their arrival, the citizens had to decide what to do with these. Nobody had given orders so they were presented with a choice: strengthen our Traditions, our Liberty, our Honour, or our Piety. And in the end, they chose Liberty because the Spanish are a free people. Viva la anarquía, viva la libertad!

In the east Spanish scouts found bows and arrows left behind in the ruins, and the band of scouts was now a band of archers. They moved on north to see what lies beyond the Grand Mesa, and there they met the city-state of Ragusa.

Spoiler :

In the west, the Spanish warriors saw something that looked like borders but they couldn't tell whose border it was. Maybe a closer look could tell?

Spoiler :

And so the Spanish Tribe looks into the future, awaiting new orders on how to proceed.

Next update won't be until Sunday because I won't have access to a computer with Civ5 until then, so that means extra long timer for new orders and extra long update next. I will be playing 20 turns.

You have [TIMER=07/29/2015 11:00 UTC;no time][/TIMER] left to give orders. Don't forget that you are allowed to give two orders per person, you're not limited to just one. Especially now that there will be a longer turnset.

Here's some extra screenshots of the city, the tech tree, and the policy tree if you'd like to study them before giving orders, aswell as a map overview:

Spoiler :

Declare war on the first civ you meet.

Since no civs were met during this turnset, I can still follow this despite being posted after I started playing. I forgot to post about the orders lock, the timer just ended. Sorry about that.

Build a Shrine as soon as it becomes possible to do so.
Buy the tile with Wheat on it and lock the citizen on that tile.

Since the forums went down over the weekend, I will wait 2 more days before playing.

I will allow three orders per person to get things going so if you have already given two for the next turnset, you can give one more.

Time left: [TIMER=08/03/2015 11:00 UTC;Orders locked][/TIMER]

Top Bottom