anti-aircraft abilities of early units

clif9710

Warlord
I never like to be without some anti-aircraft capability and have noticed that before I reach ballistics where the AA gun is available, I can still do damage to great war bombers and triplanes...but I can't get a handle on how much damage particular units do because the combat info disappears so fast.

I'd like to know the AA abilities of early units, and, in particular, the units that have no AA ability at all that would be sitting ducks for any air attack. Since the GWB and triplane have very limited range, I'd be able to protect the helpless units by keeping them back a few tiles.

Everyone has at least a little anti-air. It's just a function of combat strength. Units with lower combat strength and lower health will die faster and do less damage than higher. All in all, though, until you get flight for yourself, you can do little more than slow down an enemy air assault. Basically, don't try to engage enemy bombers until you have fighters, and do everything you can to stay out of range of enemy bombers until this happens too. Mounting an offensive against aircraft is almost impossible without your own (or AA guns) unless you have overwhelming numbers.

Top Bottom