1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

anti ics mod?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by MACGRUBER, Feb 24, 2012.

1. MACGRUBER

MACGRUBER Chieftain

I'm thinking of getting c3c but I'm worried about ics. I've heard that it is by far the best strategy and that the ai uses it almost exclusivly. A game where something like ics is the best strategy would bore the crap out of me. Are there any mods that limit the effectivness of ics without breaking the game? I know ics is much less of a problem in civ 4 but my computer simply can't play it, I've tried.

2. Moosezilla

Moosezilla Grognard Warlord

Yes, CCM by Civinator limits ics by limiting settler production. Other mods and scenarios also prevent it w/no settler prodution at all. Use of the No-raze patch and pre-made maps allow this and similar results.

3. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

4. Moosezilla

Personally I have no problem with it, but the concept is to found cities at a breakneck pace until the map is full. This results in AI cities (on an Earth map) filling the arctic regions w/ useless cities. It forces the play of the human player to expand as well or be at disadvantage in many ways, not the least of which is in diplomatic relations. My solution is to "take" my nearest AI civ to expand so I can make peace w/the other large civs and not have to pay them (just for a peace treaty).

5. MACGRUBER

MACGRUBER Chieftain

Does the "Double Your Pleasure" mod effectively limit ics?

6. Moosezilla

Lost my PtW disc, but iirc DyP does not limit Infinite City Sprawl (ICS).