Anti-ISIS forces committed war crimes in Ramadi.

Funny, you seem pretty clear on it. Yes, if you have recognized sovereignty over an area and are repelling a recognized invader, you will be less likely to be condemned than would be an aggressive invader

But it isn't clear, other than in recognition, that the cases are so different. ISIS draws its support from the northern Sunni population in Iraq. The fact that most Iraqi or Syrian Sunnis in its territory don't support them isn't relevant- most Gazans do not like or support Hamas (and please don't try and claim that Hamas is a 'political party').

Also, I think it's a lot worse to completely level a city while defending yourself than destroying a small portion of it while invading. But just my opinion here.

Well, at least you got the distinction between defending and invading.

So when the Israeli government joins the modern world and stops invading their neighbors there may be more to discuss. Until then, I look forward to my country withdrawing support from them, and press for that outcome in my usual desultory fashion.

Well, at least you got the distinction between defending and invading.

I don't buy that Israel is 'invading' Gaza in an aggressive fashion, I'm questioning your comparison with Ramadi.

So when the Israeli government joins the modern world and stops invading their neighbors there may be more to discuss.

I take it from this that I shouldn't expect any type of response from you, even though you felt free to post all your thoughts on my thread. Which seems like poor form.

Top Bottom