1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anti-Obama GI's Afghan Orders Revoked

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by FriendlyFire, Jul 15, 2009.

1. GoodGame

GoodGame Red, White, & Blue, baby!

I have to agree, I didn't find one mention of the republican party in the article.

Still why do you assume the soldier in question is a Republican? Could be a Ron Paulite/anarchist/Green party, etc.., no? And FYI, there have been conscientous objectors the entire past decade, not to mention the history of the military.

Anyway, citation please (re: this is repub plot).

2. candle

candle Prince

good for him, everyone knew the military was and still is agasint obama, and this lawsuit paves the way to prove that fact. Obama does not have the support of the troops, he never had. I was in IRaq when we where told he was our new CIC, many guys went WTF dumb ass american voters. And thats the gods truth. The Armed Forces are not in support of Obama, they served him because they had no choice. This may allow to show the country that the true power lies with that nations military power and not with the president.

3. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

Too bad that the Blue Falcon's suit was dismissed.

4. JerichoHill

JerichoHill Bedrock of Knowledge

if power truly lies behind guns and not elected leaders, then we're screwed.

Mobby, is this guy right or on crack?

5. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

He isnt right.

While the split among the military is 70-30 or 60-40 along rep/dem lines, you still see plenty of Obama/Biden stickers on cars when you go into base.

As since the President is indeed the Commander-in-Chief of the military, I guess thats an indication of where true power lies.

Fwiw, I dont think candle is what he says he is at all. Most likely he is some lib who just wants to make conservatives look bad by portraying himself so sterotypical here in the OT.

6. Formaldehyde

Formaldehyde Both Fair And Balanced

It is basic common sense. Only the Republican teabaggers and a few assorted racist weirdos have been whining about this particular issue. And it is far from one soldier involved in this absurdity. Last I looked, over a dozen of them had signed up at this wackjob's website.

http://www.military.com/news/articl...r-calls-obama-usurper-imposter-president.html

But once again, I can certainly understand your collective embarrassment and why you keep trying to insinuate none of them are Republicans..

BTW here's the previous thread for those who are interested:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=312029

7. JollyRoger

The birthers are really a fringe group (they even make the freepers look moderate) and pretty entertaining for now. However, they are starting to overlap with some of the more far right extremists in this country and it may not be so funny if one of the more gullible and angry loons gets manipulated into trying to go too far.

8. Formaldehyde

A not-so-small fringe groups I bet consists almost entirely of Republicans...

http://washingtonindependent.com/47...percent-of-americans-troubled-by-obama-rumors

http://www.slate.com/id/2206033/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WorldNetDaily

http://washingtonindependent.com/51489/birther-movement-picks-up-steam

9. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

Really ?
    Sometimes I wish Democrates had lost again.

Sarah Palin interviewed by Katie Couric on CBS Evening News, September 24, 2008
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txfqWzGMgmY

10. Formaldehyde

Good thing nobody really cares what the typical American soldier happens to think about politics for quite obvious reasons. The only important thing is that you continue to be our cannon fodder when told to do so instead of perpetually teabagging about it when the "wrong" person gets elected to be the president. What do you want to bet this wackjob ends up in prison for failing to comprehend that basic fact?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andrew-bacevich/petraeus-opts-out-of-poli_b_136891.html

I think you could learn something quite important from these two generals, such as how to actually fulfill your oath to defend the US against all enemies, both foreign and domestic. After all, I'd hate to see you have to kill some of your own friends for being traitors to their own country.

11. MobBoss

The prophet disagrees. :nono:

12. candle

candle Prince

you should care, they give you freedom and they can take it away just as fast

13. Formaldehyde

You are just full of idle threats, aren't you? Teabaggers didn't give anybody anything, much less freedom.

14. innonimatu

innonimatu Deity

15. JollyRoger

Really? I hear they struggle just to secure basic freedoms of close family members.

16. candle

candle Prince

If you hold no respect for the military then get a large enough petion and get the armed forces removed back to a minor force of 10,000 for basic protection, then I'm gonna watch as every Terrorist the world over invades. You should care and respect them, they are the only thing keeping you safe at night.

17. plarq

plarq Crazy forever

What? Is that Pyongyang? Military first?

18. JerichoHill

JerichoHill Bedrock of Knowledge

As I had asked Mobby about candle, you could have read what he wrote, rather than write an exceptionally tasteless comment. Lord knows Mobby and I disagree, but I absolutely want him to come home safe every time he goes out to carry our his military orders.

19. Formaldehyde

The obvious point you are missing here is that terrorists don't randomly attack people on the opposite side of the globe just for the hell of it. We cause the terrorism through our absurd foreign policy, such as the invasion of Iraq on the basis of deliberate lies and deceit, the overthrow of the democratically elected governments such as the one in Iran, and the unconditional support we give Israel no matter what terrorist acts or war crimes they commit. It's called blowback.

So no, you and your friends aren't keeping us safe at night. You are directly heping to create the terrorism that threatens us all.

I don't ever read what Mobby writes unless someone else quotes him.

And last I heard, Mobby doesn't leave Georgia to carry out his orders as a clerk and a paralegal. But I agree. If the US ever does come under attack, I wish all our brave defenders here in the US the best of luck. I'll even join them to help repel the invaders.

20. MobBoss

Then you're missing out.

A. Not in Georgia, but in Washington State. Not sure where you got Georgia from, since WA is in my information, and I have also been pretty clear where I live.

B. I have been all over the world, to include Japan, Spain, Germany, Denmark and a good number of the states to 'carry out my orders'. This too, I have talked about in OT before.

Not sure I would actually believe that considering how much anti-USA stuff you typically post.