Anti-Pollution

Civman2004

Something goes here...
We are in the Industrial Era, which means we are going to start having some pollution. It also means our co-inhabitants will shortly start producing pollution, and the AI isn't good at cleaning it up.

I propose in the interests of global health, that we establish 2 worker teams, one for each island. We would then sign ROPs with likely pollution-producers, and clean up their pollution for them. It will be expensive, but then do we really want global warming? We can do it quicker than they will.

What do people think?

Obviously this would need the particular co-operation of the governors, to contribute workers, and the FA Ministry, to sign the ROPs

As the Officer tasked with Worker Actions, if we do proceed with this proposal, I would recommend using the 12 Roman Workers (yes, I counted them) to go to the other continent.

Also, China and Russia would probably not be interested in this Programme. We may have the largest land mass, but not likely by much... and that might change by the time we can ferry so many workers...

I'm pretty sure that pollution squares themselves do not cause global warming, but rather the city improvements or the size of the cities (or nukes). Regardless, the reason for this would not be for Civilization reasons, but rather for demogame reasons. Cleaning up pollution could be "the right thing to do."

We don't have to concern ourselves with pollution just yet. (factories are still a few turnchats off). I think it's the pollution icons that affect global warming.

yeah its the polution the cause global warming not the improvments ect. like have you ever seen global warming when the whole world is clear of poplution.

Also we should clean our own territory as a inspiration to the rest.

Well, I'm sure we're going to try and keep our territory as clean as possible. That's not really an issue. The question is whether we should do the same for the rest of the world. I like the idea of helping other nations clean their waste, but I'm not sure yet how extensive the program should be. 12 workers is a lot of troops to send away for the rest of the game.

This would also mean we have to sign a ROP with the other nations and send troops to protect our worker interests.

Top Bottom