Anti-Tank Soldier

tstowe

Chieftain
Seeing that I recently got my back-side handed to me by the German's and their anslaught of armor units. . .

I think that an Anti-Armor infantry unit would be a great addition as well. Seeing that I don't have a clue as to how I can attach an image go to this website. It shows the AT-4 anti-tank missile setup.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/at4.htm

I think that it could at least damage a tank to one hit point during an attack similar to an airstrike. In addition to having multiple attacks. (In my game with the German's I would have liked one of these guys to have roughly . . . .some. . . .100 attacks per turn. Damn he was industrially strong that game).
:cry:

Are you making this unit yourself or would you like some help? I think it's a great idea for a unit. I totally understand the unbeatable (or almost unbeatable) tank assaults. Happened to me many times.

Wheee!!!! That looks like its going to be a good unit. But, is there a way to make it effective against only tanks, and not infintry? (Sorry if that sounds like a dumb question i dont create many things, or do much editing)

I would say that the infantry units in Civ 3, at least the modern ones, represent groups of soldiers large enough to possess a diversity of weapons and equipment, like heavy machine-guns, anti-armor weapons and mortars.

Originally posted by tpasmall
Wheee!!!! That looks like its going to be a good unit. But, is there a way to make it effective against only tanks, and not infintry? (Sorry if that sounds like a dumb question i dont create many things, or do much editing)

As far as I know, you cannot force the unit to only attack tanks.
What you could do is make it a slower unit (I imagine that gun's pretty heavy) and that way infantry troops would be able to outrun it.

This weapon was made for the infantry! It does have some weight to it but it was made to be ground transported. The weapon system itself would never be used against infantry, only against armor and other hard targets.

As for the unit. . .I don't have the time to set and learn all the in's and out's of creating any units at the moment - and if you are volunteering to help. . . .go for it. (again, trying to give you a challenge- haha).

As for Optimizer - you are probably on track as far as the game designers are concerned. They probably just mixed it all together and juiced up their attacks to possibly compensate for the weapon systems. BUT, I still think that a unit with very little defense (so that a player doesn't create a million of these little guys) and high attack aimed at armor. . .this would be a cool addon! Of course, their attack animation would look similar the Radar Artillery missile launch??

Top Bottom