Any advanced mods yet?(something close to rev dcm?)

gfurst

Warlord
Hello folks.
So I was a pretty civ fanatic back in Civ4, Revolution and some other awesome mods.

After so much time looking down on Civ5, I've finally tried to made the switch with BNW established and the new port to linux. Yes the port to Linux was what made me most excited.

Any way, after only one game, that is taking forever by the way. It starts to get pretty boring overall, not much challenging civs, not much to do with my cities, I could easily achieve victory with domination.

So so long after Civ5 and its final expansion established, I think the SDL already open for modding too.
How is the bleeding edge of mods coming? Stuff like better AI, better interface, performance improvements?
How about overhaul type of mod?

I'm just looking into this and found about the Communitas Exp pack and the Community Patch, are these only major improvements mods?

No worries, the developers promised us that this would be "the most moddable civ game ever". Clearly 4 years isn't long enough for them to be able to keep that promise.

No worries, the developers promised us that this would be "the most moddable civ game ever". Clearly 4 years isn't long enough for them to be able to keep that promise.
Yeah, welll.....
I did actually see some promising stuff:
Enhanced User Interface, apparently a must have, enhancing in lot of ways the base game.
Cultural Diffusion and Revolution, these seem similar to those really fun Civ4 mods, but not sure how good it will be for Civ5.
Communitas, this is the promising modpack, covering whole aspects of the game
Unofficial Patch, like its predecessor, aimed on hammering down some annoying bugs, dumb AI and interface issues, as well as providing better support for mods, still in the early works though.

Why don't you guys add something you know to the table?

I think you meant "Community Patch" rather than "Unofficial Patch" (The name Unofficial Patch was used in earlier versions of what is now the "Cat" and "Cin" components of Communitas).

Why don't you guys add something you know to the table?
Because there's a post like this every so often (see this one from just a few days ago, where I offer a few suggestions of my own), and there's no definitive answer.

Sync's (arguably valid) point notwithstanding, CiV modding is much more... modular than Civ4, allowing for a more flexible grab-bag approach (exemplified by whoward69's extensive Pick'N'Mix collection), so the giant monolithic mod packages aren't as necessary as it was for Civ4.

Top Bottom