1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Any artists out there?

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by kantorr, Mar 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kantorr

kantorr Chieftain

I am working on my City State pack and I am no good at digital art. I would really like someone to help design the City-State icons to give the mod a finished look.

2. SpiralOut

SpiralOut Chieftain

Sure, I wouldn't mind helping out. Let me know what you need! I'm new to Civ modding so I'll need to know the basics (file formats, resolutions, etc.) but I have many years of experience as a graphic designer.

3. luei333

luei333 Warlord

I don't think I have time to work on this with you, but I can at least provide some useful info (particularly to SpiralOut). File format is .dds, Photoshop exports to it natively I believe and Gimp has a free plugin. When exporting make sure there is only one layer with transparency, and that the layer size is the same as the image size. The shorthand for the colors I believe is R8G8B8A8. The icons themselves will probably be completely white, save a slight drop shadow perhaps (something around x=0, y=2, radius=3, transparency=50). Sizes start at 256x256 for basically everything in the game, and I believe you need the following sizes as well: 200, 80, 64, 50, 48, 44, 36, 30, 22. For an example of what the dds files for the base game look like, ask kantorr to give you the following image from the pantry: Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK Assets\pantry\Textures\CivSymbols256.dds
    (protip: the files can be in any size you want, really, you don't have to have yours at 2048x2048 if you don't need to, all of mine are just the one icon at 256x256, but you can combine multiple icons into one image)