Any BNW mods out there that space out the units in the tech tree?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Winston, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Winston

Winston Warlord

Hey guys I was browsing Steam Workshop for a mod that edits the tech tree to space out the units better. Do any of you guys know of one? I couldn't find any on Steam apart from a tech tree rebalance that seemed more focused on wonders.
    The main units that need moving IMO are swordsmen, longswords, lancers, infantry, subs, and WW1 planes.

2. Olleus

Olleus Deity

Blowing my own trumpet, but 9 Ages of War does that to some extent, mostly by tweaking the tech tree.

3. Winston

Winston Warlord

Hello Lord Olleus, thanks very much for creating your mod and it looks like a large improvement on the base game setup. Your mod addresses most of my bugbears and hopefully Firaxis will make similar changes to the standard game. I have one suggestion though, which is to move submarines to replaceable parts so that you can't bypass ironclads to get straight to subs.

I also checked out your social policies mod, which also looks very good :)

4. vyvianarygos

vyvianarygos Warlord

We had subs as early as the american revolution...
    The first military submarine was the Turtle (1775), a hand-powered acorn-shaped device designed by the American David Bushnell to accommodate a single person. It was the first verified submarine capable of independent underwater operation and movement, and the first to use screws for propulsion. During the American Revolutionary War, Turtle (operated by Sgt. Ezra Lee, Continental Army) tried and failed to sink the British warship HMS Eagle, flagship of the blockaders in New York harbor on September 7, 1776.

Long before Ironclads were around :D

5. greygamer

greygamer Feudal Lord

While that is historically accurate, the submarines in Civ are ocean going craft so it doesn't really fit.