Any chance for *drumroll* having three Uniques?

Haig

Deity
I'd love for Civ6 to give 3 Unique units/buildings for each Civ, it would definately give even more personality to the empires and would be a big fan-pleaser.

I wonder would it be so big that they already would have announced that in the press? On the other hand they haven't even told how many leaders are in the game.

Anyway I'm happy to get the ethnic graphics for base units, that helps a long way too.

Why not give every Civ a unique technology? Each Civ could have a unique unit, unique building and a unique tech.

3 uniques + UA may not be that game breaking and allow the devs to further balance each Civ.

I find the mixed use of UU,UB,UI to be a good thing in Civ5 adds a lot of flavour but I find 2 UU/UI/UB is sometimes not nearly good enough for some Civs.

Japan for example should have had a Factory UB.

I have a tendency to avoid civs that have 2 UU with no UB or UI unless they have a very compelling UA, so I think having three uniques would be beneficial.

A third unique sounds like expansion material to me, especially considering they've said that they are already including most of the expansion mechanics from BNW in the vanilla version of Civ6.

I think it's a possibility and might make sense if they decide to have every civ have a unique district/improvement/wonder (i.e., something that takes up a whole tile to emphasize that new aspect of the game). Then, you have two uniques for units or replacement buildings.

I wonder would it be so big that they already would have announced that in the press? On the other hand they haven't even told how many leaders are in the game.

I don't think think such a feature would be mentioned yet. There hasn't been any explicit announcement of a leader yet. It seems like the announcement of what types of "uniques" (if any) that leaders/civs have would naturally come with the announcement of a leader/civ (with leader art, some or all of the unique features, etc.).

Why not give every Civ a unique technology? Each Civ could have a unique unit, unique building and a unique tech.

That's a great idea. Would add a lot of flavor. Why stop with 3 uniques. Taking Endless Legend as a guide, they should go further. I like this set up:

1 unique ability, 2 unique units, and 2 each of a unique building, improvement, or technology?

The more unique things, the less likely they are to include lesser known or recent civs because it's harder to devise unique things from limited historical documentation. While I'm sure that appeals to the purists who insist on only having genuine empires, it means fewer Iroquois or Zulus.

The more unique things, the less likely they are to include lesser known or recent civs because it's harder to devise unique things from limited historical documentation. While I'm sure that appeals to the purists who insist on only having genuine empires, it means fewer Iroquois or Zulus.

Count me in the side of those people who are purists who want more historical empires in the game. The selection of indigenous Civs we have in Civ5 is already quite good, with some Civs like Ethiopians basing more on the colonial /post colonial history than their pre-colonial root. That may be the way to go for some of the indigenous Civs with a currently strong national identity. There can only be so many variations of the barracks, temple and warriors/archer UB/UUs.

I would like mostly genuine empires, and more uniques helps, but it's surprising how much can be discovered (unique wise) with a little research. Also, City States are perfect for the smaller nations. Personally, I just want the civs to offer a greater diversity of playstyles, and more uniques helps that too. I just really hope that they take a thing or two from Endless Legend, as it schooled BE.

I think Civ5 definitely fell short when it came to civs that had 2 UUs - in all but a very few examples, at least one of them ended up being of little use, if not in all games, then in any given game. As such, I'm in big support of an additional unique being added so that every civ has one UB/UI.

If a civ needs a fourth unique thing to make it unique amongst civs then its existing unique things aren't unique enough.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I think it actually lessen the introduction of new European civ. If it does happens.
There's ton of culture from those "indigeous" people that never represented in Civilization series.

EDIT : Also, It would make designing new historical civ a tad harder...

If there is one thing i liked about civ revolution 2, it was the "one UA per era per civilization" thing.

Although it never was enjoyable because revolution was imo a bad game, such a system in CIV VI may help mitigate the problem in civ V where ua were unbalanced because of the fact that a good early game ua could snowball hard compared to an ua with a mid late game fous

I liked in Civ V how you could have civs with either 2 UU, or 1 UU and 1 UI/UB .
It made for a simple but elegant distinction between expansionist, militaristic civs vs. empire builder civs.

However many uniques they give civs in Civ VI, I hope they retain that mix of uniques types, so not every civ has the same format of uniques.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Mmm. Would it work if you could get uniques unlocked with allied city states? Or by completing random quests?

Certain unique units unlock with militaristic states. Why not take it further?

Eg: Sydney - maritime CS - Unique Ability (surf lifesavers) +1 tourism for all coastal cities

Top Bottom