1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Any chance of a 2.71 soon?

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Religion and Revolution' started by Randomsheep, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Randomsheep

Randomsheep Warlord

I absolutely love the mod and 2.7 is great but any chance of a new update soon?

2. devolution

devolution Prince

I've been hearing rumours about a new beta that is to be published soon ;)

Hecur and digvoo like this.
  3. Randomsheep

Randomsheep Warlord

Great news.

Where can I find the beta 1 btw? There doesn't seem to be anything on your sourceforge link.

4. devolution

devolution Prince

5. Randomsheep

Randomsheep Warlord

Thanks for the link devolution.

Sorry for not checking the right thread. Any chance in future you can link directly to the current beta in your sig to make it easier for idiots like myself.

Thanks.

6. scottfreitas

scottfreitas Chieftain

If Firaxis had any sense at all, they would make R & R the new Official version of Colonization, changing the Steam version of the game into R & R.

My understanding is that legally they could do so. Modders of published games never "own" any of their work; ownership remains with the original developers of the game.

R & R is so stunningly superior to the original release that I fail to see any reason why Firaxis doesn't recognize an easy way to sell a lot more copies of an old game than isn't earning them much now anyway.

Why do people so often miss the obvious?

7. digvoo

digvoo Chieftain

@devolution
    Noticed that you've provided a link to sourceforge, thanks for that! :)
    It's good to know what's being worked on, maybe in future I'll be able to contribute (don't have enough knowledge yet). But working on it.

8. Randomsheep

Randomsheep Warlord

Nope, never going to happen.

Whether it is legal or not, publishers don't tend to steal modders work without reaching out for an agreement.

Secondly, some players are playing other mods for colinization and they would rightly be very annoyed if steam updated and broke their game.

And finally, the game is ten years old and hasn't been updated since shortly after release.

9. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

Please no further discussion about this. RaR is a free mod for all. That's it.