Any chance there will be a mod of this game to port it over to PCs?

Abbadon74

Chieftain
Hey all. LOOOOONG time lurker, VERY LOOOOONG time Civ player, first time poster.

I have played the Civ Rev demo and really enjoyed what I've seen of the game so far. But I was really disappointed to learn they won't release it for PCs. I've also read on this forum that it can really mess up your Xbox 360, though I don't know if this is confirmed. That and the fact the game doesn't offer a "Play the World" Earth Map option would probably be enough to keep me from buying it on the Xbox 360.

But I was wondering if there was a chance any enterprising modders had considered working up a mod or port to allow we PC gamers to play this on our PCs. Has anyone considered this? Is it possible? And if it is, is there enough demand to make it happen?

I'd be VERY interested in playing this on my computer, ESPECIALLY if mod maps (particularly an Earth Map) would be playable.

Has anyone else considered this?

Thanks!

-B

Dude - Youre kidding. Guess Ill be the dick here, and tell you the obvious. Buy Civ 4. Same kind of graphics, same kind of game.

If you want to get serious. Civ 3. The pinnacle of Civ games. Civ 4 & Rev are dumb downed eye candy versions.

Having said that, Ill be posting on my latest Rev experience in another post which I bought & the Xbox because I have become so damn lazy that I no longer want to sit at a desk but want to completely potato out in my big comfortable ez chair. Is that a tank? Guess I should do something about that.

Manock

Dude - Youre kidding. Guess Ill be the dick here, and tell you the obvious. Buy Civ 4. Same kind of graphics, same kind of game.

If you want to get serious. Civ 3. The pinnacle of Civ games. Civ 4 & Rev are dumb downed eye candy versions.

Having said that, Ill be posting on my latest Rev experience in another post which I bought & the Xbox because I have become so damn lazy that I no longer want to sit at a desk but want to completely potato out in my big comfortable ez chair. Is that a tank? Guess I should do something about that.

Manock

Thanks for the response.

I actually do own Civ 4 + expansions, as well as a number of mods and extra maps I've downloaded here. I've played all the Civs (interestingly except for 3, which I've never bought) as soon as they were released, so like I said in my first post, I've been a Civ fan for a long time. I find there to be a number of significant differences between Civ Rev and Civ 4. I enjoy them both, but again per my original post, there are aspects I really don't enjoy in Civ Rev on the 360 (No "Play the Earth" maps for one), and also differences in that game that I do enjoy enough to ask if anyone had ever considered modding/porting it over to the PC.

So is it viable to consider modding it/porting it over?

Thanks again,

-B

You can play Earth map in civ rev on multiplayer non ranked game, after you've downloaded an add from firaxis.
For the modding, I don't know but I don't think it will be possible.

You can play Earth map in civ rev on multiplayer non ranked game, after you've downloaded an add from firaxis.
For the modding, I don't know but I don't think it will be possible.

REally? I couldn't find anything about an Earth map when I was researching about the game. Is it only multiplayer, though? Not single player?

This could be great news! Thanks very much for replying.

-B

Manock

:lol:

Nice joke.

You might prefer civ 3 over civ 4, there are quite a few people that do. However, claiming that civ 4 is a dumb downed version of the game smacks of ignorance. :mischief:

You can play all Multiplayer map packs on single player as well. I've played against AI on the Earth map, so I know its possible. Its under the scenarios section of single player.

Top Bottom