1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Any clues on a third live stream?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Temppu, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Temppu

Temppu Warlord

Any clues or educated guesses on when will the devs stream next?

I'm impatient. 8th of February feels ages away. My hype train is getting off control.

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Probably next Wednesday.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  3. Temppu

Temppu Warlord

That sounds manageable.

I wish they'd let some streamers do early Let's plays like they let with the Vanilla launch. This doesnt feel very likely, however.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    CPWimmer likes this.
  4. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

I wouldn't rule it out. But I'd expect to see them only in the last couple of weeks before release.

5. Temppu

Temppu Warlord

That would be great. I want to reach the same mad levels of hype I had with the Vanilla launch.

Siptah likes this.
  6. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

I'll be surprised if they don't. Firaxis been using this marketing strategy consistently since I started playing their games back in 2013, both for XCom and Civ. They probably will allow youtubers to play 2 weeks before launch, maybe invite some of them to play a more limited demo sooner than that (next week?). I'll also be surprised if there isn't a livestream next week.

7. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

I gotta admit I am quite surprised that there hasn't been any "youtuber" promotional videos yet, but then again I think this is the shortest marketing campaign Firaxis has ever done.

8. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

All of us should be closely watching television shows broadcast from local markets in Renaissance Italian cities this weekend.

9. marius_kaparius

marius_kaparius Warlord Supporter

They may want to delay the live stream until 2K PR puts out some kind of statement on the Cree controversy - otherwise it may make for an awkward livestream. At least that's what I would think. More likely the chat will be endless complaints about the lack of a build queue.

Siptah and Guandao like this.
  10. Temppu

Temppu Warlord

The base game "youtuber" streams started on early august already - well over two months prior to release. Of course, base game promotion is much more extensive than promoting an expansion.

Perhaps they would have made a stream this Wednesday already, had there not been the Cree controversy?

11. Duuk

I'm actually wondering if there was supposed to be a Cree livestream this week and it got nixed at the last second to avoid a Firaxis employee having to dodge "What about the article?" "Are you exploiting the Cree?" questions on the stream.

12. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I was wondering the same thing. Were they going to run one until public relations started getting phone calls from Canadian media groups asking for comment on the controversy?

Guandao likes this.
  13. Duuk

I'd wager "Yes", because the First Look Cree was intriguing about the cool mechanics that the Cree have, and I *really* want to play as them and use traderoutes to lock down my borders early

14. CPWimmer

CPWimmer King

I don't think the timing is quite right for the Article to have impacted a Live Stream this week. I think we would have ended up seeing a Live Stream announcement come out, that they then would have had to work on retracting. I think one of the Articles quoted the spokesperson as saying he didn't know about the inclusion of his tribe until Wednesday. I really think no Live Stream this week is more about coming back from the Holiday's.

If there isn't one next week, then I would think it's because they are working on how to respond to the Cree reaction.

Ivan Hunger and Guandao like this.
  15. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

Why would a local channel in Genoa broadcast a spoiler on the Ottomans? :mischief:

WillowBrook and Guandao like this.
  16. Duuk

I'd wager a copy of RF that the Cree won't be in a Live Stream. They MIGHT release a "Let's Play" type video where fan reaction isn't real time, but I doubt they'll do one Live. Exception: They might do it as a "filler" a few weeks after release.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  17. Duuk

Well, since I actually DO think the Ottomans are next on the list (see my signature), we should be watching Turkish news.

18. bbbt

bbbt Deity

I mean there was only one non-Aspyr depot update this week (and that was today), so I'm not sure they are all back at work yet. The livestreams will probably start again next week.