Any good software?

rhinokick

Chieftain
Hello guys! I am in search of a reliable video conferencing software that we can use for our online meetings. Anyone here had an experience with any? Thanks!

We use Zoho. Perhaps you can check the web and compare the different vendors. There are lots out there. Good luck!

Here at work we just use Skype for a lot of that

I actually don't have a problem with using skype. You can share screen and the meeting can also be interactive. The only problem with skype is you have to turn off anything else like email, etc. Or at least write on your status on skype that you are in a meeting. What happened one time is during a meeting an email showed up and since the screen is being shared, the other meeting attendees got to see some confidential information when the pop-up for the new mail appeared. :( big problem. That is why we had to find another option. We ended up with omnijoin. We can join the meeting and share our presentation and ONLY the presentation. I have not tried it myself, but this is what we subscribed to for a month now. We are still looking at other cheaper options, though, so I am still on the prowl. :) Thanks for the suggestion, btw.

You may try on premise R-HUB HD video conferencing servers. It is reliable, safe, secured and works on Windows, MAC, Android, iOS etc.

I actually don't have a problem with using skype. You can share screen and the meeting can also be interactive. The only problem with skype is you have to turn off anything else like email, etc. Or at least write on your status on skype that you are in a meeting. What happened one time is during a meeting an email showed up and since the screen is being shared, the other meeting attendees got to see some confidential information when the pop-up for the new mail appeared. :( big problem. That is why we had to find another option. We ended up with omnijoin. We can join the meeting and share our presentation and ONLY the presentation. I have not tried it myself, but this is what we subscribed to for a month now. We are still looking at other cheaper options, though, so I am still on the prowl. :) Thanks for the suggestion, btw.

The PC in our conference room is used for teleconferencing and presentations exclusively, so this is never a problem, unless the user who is logging into the machine logs into his email and forgets to log out.

But yeah, I can see how this could be a big issue if you use your dedicated work PC for this purpose!

Top Bottom