Any guess on what will happen to Erdo-Turkey now that it downed a russian plane?

This event shows clearly well that russians haven't changed anything about their strategy in Syria: they still target rebels (here Turkmens) as priority targets to help Bachar rather than neutralizing the Islamic State.

As a matter of fact, that unchanged choice of target from the Russians worry me more than Turkey defending its border.

As for Turkey attacking the Kurdish peshmergas, that's nearly domestic security politics considering that 20% of Turkey's population is actually... Kurdish. There's really no reason to freak out about that... That's a long established and known fact.

This event shows clearly well that russians haven't changed anything about their strategy in Syria: they still target rebels (here Turkmens) as priority targets to help Bachar rather than the Islamic State.

As a matter of fact, that unchanged choice of target from the Russians worry me more than Turkey defending its border.

As for Turkey attacking the Kurdish peshmergas, that's nearly domestic security politics considering that 20% of Turkey's population is actually... Kurdish. There's really no reason to freak out about that... That's a long established and known fact.

That is almost like saying it is just israeli domestic security policy to attack any palis attacking settlers etc. Only in the case of eastern Turkey the place is by huge majority kurdish and it is not allowed to form its own state since forever.

I'm talking about refugees flow, as a result of kicking this pinata around.

This event shows clearly well that russians haven't changed anything about their strategy in Syria: they still target rebels (here Turkmens) as priority targets to help Bachar rather than the Islamic State.
There are lots of other Islamic extremist groups in Syria, except ISIS - Al-Nusra just to name one example. And nobody ever claimed those turkmens were part of FSA or other 'moderate' opposition, whatever that term may mean.

Does anybody have real interest in attacking ISIS? :cry:

Turkmens are not a priority target to fight ISIS.

Turkey should severe the supply lines to Islamic State that keep them alive. Turkey's Erdogan Islamist agenda is part of the problem... They should not be allowed into the EU, though it looks as though it's going to happen regardless.

Someone old and wise once said something like, "Friend of my foe is my foe." And it's still true. Or was it "Foe of my friend is my foe", eh? Or was it "My foe's foe is my friend..." Anyway, that's also true.

Now, Russia fights ISIS. And Assad fights ISIS. Makes them friends. Those who help ISIS or fights either of them is their foe.

Like that, roughly.

Turkey should severe the supply lines to Islamic State that keep them alive. Turkey's Erdogan Islamist agenda is part of the problem... They should not allowed into the EU, though it looks as though it's going to happen regardless.

Does it? Do you have any info about recent developments in Turkey's EU acceptance? I think there's no chance of that Turkey ever joining the EU.

Jesus christ the double standards.

"Ukraine is oppressing Russians!" "They deny Russians rights in Crimea and Donetsk!" Justifies Russia arming insurgent terrorists and invading a sovereign state.

Russia bombs Turkmen in Syria, violates Turkish airspace on multiple occasions, is warned, and then gets a single plane shot down. "Wow Turkey is so embarrassing." "Liability to NATO." "What a troublesome state."

The hatred against Muslims is real. Russia goes to war in the Middle East, bombs people, violates airspace, and expects nothing to happen from it?

Do you really thinks its because they're Muslims?

Does it? Do you have any info about recent developments in Turkey's EU acceptance? I think there's no chance of that Turkey ever joining the EU.

I hope Turkey doesn't join personally.. there are numerous sources out there that imply in time Turkey will join with Merkel's blessing.

Putin will challenge the Turkish Dictator to Mortal Kombat and slay him in the view of all. Then he shall decapitate him with a fatality and Turkey shall live in fear of Mother Russia.

Actually, that is what I hope will happen, the real thing will probably not be as glorious.

Yeah right... Russia fights ISIS in the region of Latakia... which is located on the Mediterranean shore, whereas ISIS occupies the Eastern desert.
:dunno: one has to start somewhere and move in steps. Cutting your enemy's supply lines close to your spawn point while your ally holds the ground further on looks like a good idea, no?

Top Bottom