Any help with these?

Walter R

Great Engineer
A couple of things someone may be able to help with please...

1. Recently my map builder has gone a bit mad. For example, in three games on the bounce playing on small continents map, when I got to astronomy and got out on the ocean I found an enormous continent with 6/7/8 Civs that ran fully North to South across the map - huh? Is there a way to 'reset' the map builder as it has been throwing up some weird results for some time.

2. Does anyone know conclusively what triggers the game to increase road building speed to one turn? I've played literally hundreds of games and it always seems a bit random to me...

Thanks.

You were probably just a bit unlucky with the maps. You could verify the integrity of the game cache through steam if you think the map builder file has been corrupted somehow.

As for the 1 turn roads, well, you've got a liberty policy and the pyramids as the only two options for reducing worker speed. Maybe you accidentally captured the pyramids without noticing it?

I have played on 'Small continents' maps on numerous occasions and frequently get odd maps, I don't think the script is very good. Seen snaky continents with six civs stuck on them and one or two much smaller separate continents with a single civ or a few CS's.

Top Bottom