1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Any idea how to found a religion in an accelerated Industrial start?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by kethkinsey, Sep 1, 2013.

1. kethkinsey

kethkinsey Chieftain

Hi guys

Been tinkering around with the xml files a bit but for the life of me can't find a way to arrange it so that accelerated starts (industrial age and on) have religion.

I can enable religion in the Civ5eras.xml file (I think that's what's called...) and indeed religion does accumulate. However, a Pantheon is never founded and thus there is never any GP to found a religion. Even completing the Liberty tree doesn't allow me the option of a GP.

Im in a bit of a bind because I really enjoy the religious aspect of the game (competing with other civs, buying great people, etc) but I alos like the accelerated start aspect...

Any tips or ideas?

Thanks!

2. Callonia

Callonia Deity

You have to manually purchase them. click open faith i think or something then click automatic purchase to manual purchase and choose great prophet from that list.

3. kethkinsey

kethkinsey Chieftain

No dice, sorry - tried that and the list is empty. I guess I'm looking for a way to somehow enable pantheons and consequently great prophets in industrial + starts.

Any other ideas, kind folks?

4. Yzman

Yzman Deity

Ignore this post. I didn't say anything helpful that you don't already know.

5. kethkinsey

kethkinsey Chieftain

Yes, by default it is. But by tinkering with the xml files it's possible to 'reactivate' it of a sort.

in this mode, you can accumulate faith points, but can't found a pantheon or religion whatsoever (so it may as well be turned off). I basically need to try and find some way of getting a great prophet (none of the regular routes have so far worked for me) and/or founding a pantheon somehow.

6. Callonia

Callonia Deity

Hmmm dang then your possibly only option is to beat everyone to Hagia Sophia because it gives a great prophet or Leaning tower if pisa I think it still gives a prophet if you choose it or not.

7. FeiLing

FeiLing Deity

When religion is off, religion is off. A great prophet won't help him. And pre-industrial wonders are disabled anyway too in an industrial start.

Don't ask me how, but as you can make scenarios with science/religion disabled I'd strongly belief it is possible to make a scenario/map script that lets you start in Industrial without religion being disabled.
    (Could be as "simple" (do not ask me anything) as giving every civ all techs to point X).

8. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

When a religion is off, it is off,b ut if you turn it on, i'm pretty sure it's on.

The only issue that I can think of is starting with Industrial Era Great Prophets are no longer randomly spawned but can only be purchased (i.e the mechanic blocks the random spawning after the thereshold is met).

So if you can find a way to alter that, that'd be your thing.

9. kethkinsey

kethkinsey Chieftain

Yes, that is the basic problem with enabling Religion via xml files in Industrial and later starts - faith accumulates but the mechanism for creating or obtaining GPs is disabled (seemingly completely).

Hmm, I'm going to have another look around and see what I can find. This is really vexing :(

10. kethkinsey

kethkinsey Chieftain

sorry for the delay - peeked through the xml files again but can't seem to find anything to 'properly' turn religion on in industrial and later starts. Vexacious!

11. bevelnator

bevelnator Chieftain

I believe there's a mod in the workshop that does this, but I don't recall completely.

12. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

You're thinking of the "AllErasHaveReligion" mod. Labeled as alpha and the posted comments seem to indicate it does not completely enable later era religion, but it may be worth checking out.

13. kethkinsey

kethkinsey Chieftain

Where might I find this 'workshop' place? Am a bit clueless :)

14. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Fire up Steam, go to the Library, click on Civ V, and explore the Steam Workshop from there.

Or you can fire up the game, select Mods on the main menu, click through the warning screen, and then select Get Mods (at the bottom of the Mods screen), and explore the Steam Workshop from there.

15. kethkinsey

kethkinsey Chieftain

Any idea if there is a way to download this mod separately? I am using a non-steam version of the game.