ANY Infos about MP (settings etc.) ?

FlashXAron

Warlord
Hi there,
as we (friends and me) have been somehow disappointed about MP Options , does anyone know if there will be any changes ?

WE hated in Civ V, what will be in BE

- AI even more stupid as in SP, only has a Chance if he is cheating like hell
- No Mod Support
- only 12 playing Civs (Human or AI)
- smaller Maps as in SP
- ONLY sequential AI play (even settings say something else)

The minimum I really would need, is that this damn AI is doing his turn, while humans are doing theirs !

SO I fear, nothing will Change, as it seems it is the same game engine , but I hope I am wrong !

... maybe someone could ask about MP in the live twitch broadcast today

I don't know about AI playstyle in MP, but since it seems every game will have all 8 factions, there'll be a fixed map size and player limit. And mod support has been requested for Civ 5 for so long, let's hope they add it to BE (and to Civ 5 too, of course).

But I'm not sure if simultaneous AI play would be possible, since they seem to do all calculations first and then move everything at the same time, in a short amount of time, which would mean it'd just play before the players anyway.

Still, there has been no official word from Firaxis regarding MP, except that there will be multiplayer in Beyond Earth – though that's not news.

I doubt there will be much different. that said I am satisfied with multiplayer civ5.

fixed map size? I am not sure about that. SMAC also had limmited factions and iirc had variable map size? in civ I can choose to have 8 factions on a wide range of map sizes.

I just hope the lobby will look like civ4 instead of civ5. And I hope it come with voice com that work well.

Top Bottom