Any Interest still in the RPG?

Strider

In Retrospect
Is there still interest for a Demogame RPG, or is it all gone? If there is still some interest, I'll be willing to write up a ruleset and get the ball going.

Well, I enjoy the newspaper and playing games (such as the mafia game). However, I don't get into writing actual stories/roleplaying. T'is ironic, I know. ;)

RegentMan said:
Well, I enjoy the newspaper and playing games (such as the mafia game). However, I don't get into writing actual stories/roleplaying. T'is ironic, I know. ;)

Well, I was thinking more of the Economic/Game Based RPG like DG2, and what was being planned for this time around.

Going so far into the economic aspect as we had under the influence of Shaitan I think worked great for a time, but got too bogged down later. I'd support some form of RPG, though I'm not whether or not I'd participate due to conflicting obligations.

Curufinwe said:
Going so far into the economic aspect as we had under the influence of Shaitan I think worked great for a time, but got too bogged down later. I'd support some form of RPG, though I'm not whether or not I'd participate due to conflicting obligations.

Well, I was planning on making it more locked down then the DG2 one.

Strider said:
Is there still interest for a Demogame RPG, or is it all gone?
The fact that these posts occurred then ceased minutes after you announced this thread at the chat should give you your answer. :(

truckingpete said:
So what can we do to make this popular? Advertise like crazy??? We need something..but what!!???
We could start a citizen's group all about the RPG. Just a thought.

truckingpete said:
So what can we do to make this popular? Advertise like crazy??? We need something..but what!!???

In reality, I don't have the time right now. With the demogame unstable, and my attempts to fix it going down the drain, I have to put all of my efforts in just keeping the DG itself going.

I was actually thinking this weekend of asking TF to move the active threads into the Citizens forum and closing it down. When I asked him for this forum last DG, I promised I'd put as much effort into trying to keep it active, and I can't keep that promise anymore.

Sorry guys, but we can't have a DG RPG without a DG, so I'm setting my priorities. It'll take enough just to keep the Demogame active.

Strider said:
Sorry guys, but we can't have a DG RPG without a DG, so I'm setting my priorities. It'll take enough just to keep the Demogame active.

How about you try playing the game instead of trying to distract people from the game?

My comment was not general on the RPG, it was specific to Strider's comment that he has to "save the demogame" (my paraphrase) and therefore does not have time for the RPG. My opinion is that a strong RPG would do more for the demogame than the other activities to "save" it.

DaveShack said:
My comment was not general on the RPG, it was specific to Strider's comment that he has to "save the demogame" (my paraphrase) and therefore does not have time for the RPG. My opinion is that a strong RPG would do more for the demogame than the other activities to "save" it.
Thanks for clearing that up, DaveShack.

Top Bottom