Any more in-depth discussion on how strategic resources work now?

Hawaiian

Sage
I'd love to learn more about how strategic resources work now? I'd love to hear more about that specifically. Also any changes to luxuries or bonus resources?

For example, what is the range of resources per turn for resources now? Do luxuries and bonuses still work the same?

A question that I still have:

One of the reasons to build an Encampment in the pre-GS version was so you didn't need two copies of a resource to build a unit that requires it.

Did this translate into the new system as a discount or does it not exist anymore?

A question that I still have:

One of the reasons to build an Encampment in the pre-GS version was so you didn't need two copies of a resource to build a unit that requires it.

Did this translate into the new system as a discount or does it not exist anymore?

Encampments (or just encampment buildings?) increase your storage of strategic resources. So you need them in order to stockpile resources.

Encampments (or just encampment buildings?) increase your storage of strategic resources. So you need them in order to stockpile resources.

Yes. I know that. I was just curious if the old " 1 with Encampment, 2 without" rule got a new life in GS.

Yes. I know that. I was just curious if the old " 1 with Encampment, 2 without" rule got a new life in GS.

Or as it often worked out in practice: 1 copy build cheap anachronistic unit and upgrade cheaply, 2 copies sell one quick or you'll need to build the more expensive modern unit instead. :mischief:

I'd love to learn more about how strategic resources work now? I'd love to hear more about that specifically. Also any changes to luxuries or bonus resources?
No changes to bonus and luxury resources, as far as we know.

I don't recall an in-depth look at the new strategics. We know that you start accumulating them every turn you have them hooked up so you have a stockpile of each. And you buy and sell amounts in your stock pile. Units require a certain amount to build, and that amount disappears from your stockpile when built. Some later units and some power sources consume a certain number per turn in maintenance.

I am pretty sure that the + to Stockpile feature is intended as the replacement to this pre-GS rule. I don't expect that there is anything else.
I suspect this is the case, but I don't know if we've had confirmation yet. There's enough footage out there I'm sure someone could figure it out...

You should sell and buy strategics from a clearing house market instead running to each AI one by one.

It seems like the new system is like gold cost, it cost 1 oil to have a ironclad in active service, so not sure how a district can effect it?

That means the district is nothing but the already bogus bonuses, that you can't see on the unit, I can't even tell if the unit gets more XP and they all end up maxed out, so what is the difference?

I'd be nice if stables gave 1 horse/turn and armory gave 1 niter/turn. Those were resource that could be found early on, but could be reproduced in later eras.
Barracks could get +30% production towards anti-cav instead, to make them more competive (by mass deployment).

I also really miss the earlier system where you could get free promotions through those buildings. As a peace-loving builder, I'm alomost locked out from the promotion system.

Top Bottom