Any Multiplayer streamer/youtuber other than Yoruus?

B166ER

Chieftain
Hi im learning alot from yoruus about how to play civ MP FFA but i want to see different playstyles do you guys know any other player that stream or upload videos on youtube about their mp games on BNW?

thanks in advance

its painful to watch, mate

you have to lower ambient and music and other sounds from game and raise your voice(if you think you are saying something worth listening to)

also graphics is not fun to see, if your pc isnt good enough lower the settings and most of all FPS which isnt important in civ and use a higher resolution that cover whole screen so you can actually see whats going on

(dont want to be rude at all i appreciate the effort jus tryign to improve the output)

Thanks for the input. You're totally correct about the sound. Future ones will be better (its hard not to be.) Resolution was 1280x960. You suggest 1600x1200 I suppose?

Oh I see what the issue is, with the black borders, yeah I'll fix that.

thanks for the videos smote!. thats the thing about civ everyone play very different and still be successful.

Tommynt also has youtube videos up, although they don't have sound. You just get to see what he's doing. Tommynt and yoruus are probably two of the best civ players out there. I would follow their advice most of all. Watching videos made by novices or vs the AI will not be very helpful to you.

all i there there is op land with free like 30 faith/t

and other players not getting army at all allowing u to get tribute with like 3 warris turn 35 is a bit - well doesnt make me think they r good.

The game was won at this point - the rest 5 hours or so are just - well the obvious happens

Tommynt also has youtube videos up, although they don't have sound. You just get to see what he's doing. Tommynt and yoruus are probably two of the best civ players out there. I would follow their advice most of all. Watching videos made by novices or vs the AI will not be very helpful to you.

true, but you still learn a thing or 2 from others, if not, i start to believe that im now playing at some level.

tommy doesnt play ffa.. just duels that i think are a completely different game.

i thank you guys for the tips and videos that i didnt know about.

What will happen is you will get advice to do something that is slightly better than what you're currently doing but is not actually good advice. Then you get stuck in that habit for a long time.

Strategies which are effective in duels are also effective in FFAs. In fact I have played many FFA games exactly the same way I would a duel or teamer. If you treat an FFA that way you will dominate ppl who think FFA is sim city time.

You can easily kill 2 people with early composites/chariots. Then go straight for xbows and take out the rest. Many FFa players will be building up, getting universities and other stuff while an army shows up at their front door. Their large tech advantage is useless without machinery to make xbows or an army.

That simcity infrastructure will make more gold per turn than you and let them defend their way to artillery, which they will arrive at first, assuming they survive. Fertilizer+metallurgy will make them comparable in production as well.

Gold per turn is irrelevant when your cities are burning. Infrastructure is irrelevant when a hoard of xbows are knocking down your cap. Most games don't even make it to canons yet alone artillery. Getting cities and wonders for free through military conquest will create more infrastructure than building up a few cities.

yes i understand craig point, but i think overall you need to be balanced.. because if you fail the first attack then you insta-lose the game there is no recovery from there.

if you see a neighborg building wonders or just going tech its all good, but if you see him with some army then its useless to waste time building an army that will not take him out because even if you take a city or two you will waste so much resources that others players will gain so much advantage on science that when its time for them to go to war they will destroy you with a better army.

dont get my wrong i love being the warmonger its easy and quicker than play simcity until artillery but you cant play all the games the same if your playing against the same enemies..

Id say about half of my games make it to the industrial age or further. Crossbows will not work against a distant enemy, by the time you get there he will be prepared. This is true unless its a duel, in which case you can slowly siege your opponent down with numbers. However, doing this in a ffa will slow down your tech and production so much that other players will outpace you and win the game.

Smote, your games are good, but your playlists are better. Can you aware me on some of the music with a playlist?

Top Bottom