1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

any new dlc civs in the works?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by cman2010, Nov 27, 2012.

1. cman2010

cman2010 King

Does anyone know when any new dlc civs will be released it seems like its been a while.

2. True_Candyman

True_Candyman Emperor

Nothing official :( Or unofficial for that matter. Just nothing.

3. Petiscator

Petiscator King

Uh, I'm dying for new content. The X-Pac was big, and so was the Fall Patch, but I just need new content! I imagined some colour schemes for Portugal, which I feel like is going to be in-game: the opposite of Ethiopia. Also, if you check some of the Vanilla scenarios, you'll find some familiar colour schemes... in the 1066 scenario, Norway has the Swedish scheme colour before it was launched, on the Polynesian scenario, a civilization I don't remember the name has the same scheme colour our new Austria has. It leads to some interesting possibilities, on the WOTAW DLC, on the Korea scenario, etc. I might be totally wrong, and that was just a dumb coincidence, but, what if...

Anyways, I hope we'll be seeing some new content in the near future!

4. bc1

bc1

Don't worry, there will be something out soon. Seriously :D. A free of charge patch a couple of months before christmas, without a follow up chargeable DLC ? ...:crazyeye:

5. turingmachine

turingmachine Emperor

That doesn't mean anything. All of the patches that have been followed by DLC had included changes later used by that DLC (like new XML tags for the new traits). There was nothing like this in the last patch. In order to release a new DLC, they'd have to also release another new patch (to add in any new Civ or Unit abilities) and I don't think we're going to get another balance patch before Christmas.

6. Matthew.

Matthew. Deity

There is a good chance of smaller DLC. G&K has been out for a while now, and the industry standard these days is to release some sort of DLC for extra cash. (Yes, I know G&K itself is often considered DLC, but c'mon, it is an expansion)

7. seancolorado

seancolorado Deity

I'm definitely wanting some new content. DLC around Christmas would sell well, but it's not something I am expecting since they just released the patch. In any case, fingers crossed it's Indonesia

8. Petiscator

Petiscator King

I really don't care about what are they going to release, as long as they release something new to try out :D Hopeful for christmas

9. Globular

Globular Chieftain

Aboriginal Tasmanian civ?

10. Petiscator

Petiscator King

Anything, really. I would actually like an aboriginal civ, the only representation from Oceania we have is Polynesia. Perhaps the aborigins could give a better representation to Australia?

11. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I'm positive that they are working on a DLC of some sort, but since the patch came out without a coerresponding DLC and THanksgiving has past without at least an announcement, I don't foresee any DLC until at least January.

12. Ajuga

Ajuga Prince

Did some research but it came out empty.
    I'm guessing there is no news on this part but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Moderator Action: Merged with a related thread.

13. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

A couple of weeks ago there was a frisson of excitement through these parts because one of the developers over on the 2k boards definitely said that he wasn't allowed to make an announcement about something incredibly vague. A few people think that this was hinting at future DLC or even a second expansion; other that he was merely referring to the (now-released) hotfix patch.So that's about your lot I'm afraid.

14. seancolorado

seancolorado Deity

They should have held off on the Mayans and released them as a DLC this December

15. masterofroflnes

masterofroflnes Chieftain

no nothing yet but the mods that are coming out will keep you busy for awhile ^^

16. seancolorado

seancolorado Deity

such as? Are there any new leaders?

17. bc1

bc1

That only means we're out of luck for introduction of new game concepts like in Gods & Kings. But new civs, scenarios and maps are entirely possible...

18. Arachnofiend

Arachnofiend Perturbed Pugilist

Wasn't there a reference to Poland in the patch notes?

19. True_Candyman

True_Candyman Emperor

Why yes, there was. Interestingly i've actually found a site that's suggesting a Polish DLC is already available

20. Deaths Advocate

Deaths Advocate Prince

Why not download some mods?