1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Any new GOTM to play?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by Fine_Distinction, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Fine_Distinction

Fine_Distinction Chieftain

There seems to be no civ iv GOTM that does not finish within hours. I guess everybody still on vacation? The GOTM forum has been very quiet lately.

PS. Did we ever have a game with Tokugawa? Could not find in the old GOTMs. I know most people hate him and consider him the worst leader - but that actually makes him an intriguing GOTM pick :p

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  2. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

Hmmm, you're right about no current game. That's odd. I' just checked the staff schedule, and there are supposed to be games scheduled. I'll make some enquiries :)

We played as Tokugawa in BOTM 62 and BOTM 115. Not very often I must agree. I suspect it's because us mapmakers see him as an exciting AI opponent (because of his unusual reluctance to open borders)

3. Fine_Distinction

Thanks, I am new to this, but I thought the idea is to have always at least one game running. No biggie, I will try one of the old ones while waiting.

4. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

That's exactly right, that is the aim. In fact usually there should be two games running at any point - an easy one and a hard one. However several staff members have been unavailable the last couple of months, so recently the schedule has taken a bit of a hit. But hopefully we'll get something sorted over the next few days.

5. Fine_Distinction

Thank you :) In the meantime, I am playing Togukawa BOTM you pointed out (62).

6. Deckhand

Deckhand Procrastination at its finest GOTM Staff

Just uploaded BOTM 158 to start in three days.
    I'm two weeks late. Created it before reading this thread or I would have used Tokugawa.

7. Fine_Distinction

Thanks :). I was curious about playing Tokugawa, but after playing an old GOTM with him (BotM 62) I'm glad you didn't use him :D. Zara should be much more fun.