1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Any new plans for more civs?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by 5StarGen.Xeno, Feb 7, 2010.

1. 5StarGen.Xeno

5StarGen.Xeno Chieftain

I know this has been talked about many times but why not also try and add the rest of the civs in Beyond the Sword? Well maybe not all of them because Korea, Sumer, and the Holy Roman Empire wouldn't work. So that leaves..Celtics, Byzantines, Zulus, and the Native Americans (maybe as the Iroquois?) Although they are technically in the game (Independent Byzantines and Celtics, Barbarian Zulus and Native Americans)Why not make them playable? I mean they are already in the original game. I was also thinking about adding a couple independent native cities in the New World and maybe one or two in Australia just so they don't seem all empty. It can't slow the game down that much right?

2. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

IMO Celts, Byzantines, Zulu, Native Americans (I'd place them as the Sioux or the Apaches though) and Koreans could work.
    Celts could start in Ireland so that when France spawns they don't lose their capitol, but with a settler map that encourages them to settle France, Brittain, and Spain. I'd place their start date around 1000 BCE, but with very low technology so the Romans can generally conquer most of their empire. In the 600 AD start they could start in Ireland and Scotland.
    Zulus and Native Americans should be in there to make colonization more difficult.
    Byzantines should obviously only be playable in the 600 AD start. There's a mod that makes them playable in fact.
    The Koreans would be playing a OCC, but so are the Dutch ATM.

3. Bonci

Bonci Chieftain

there are modmods for korea and celts too

4. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

5. 5StarGen.Xeno

5StarGen.Xeno Chieftain

Lol now that's funny! :lol: Did they remove another civ in the process or did they make them from scratch? I've also seen Korea become playable, where is the Byzantine one? Now we just need to combine these with ones for the Zulus and Native Americans plus maybe some extra independent native cities for the New World and maybe one or two for Australia. Oh and one more question that isn't related to this subject but..why in my game the Mayan's culture boarder is blue but in all these screenshots I'm seeing their boarders are white.

6. Deego3

Deego3 Chieftain

In the Celts mod, the Celts replace the Carthaginians and the Koreans replace the Mayas.

7. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

That one is here.

8. 5StarGen.Xeno

5StarGen.Xeno Chieftain

Hey thanks! I am hoping that one day our great savior, the all mightly and all knowing Rhye will fuse these into his original mod.

9. Zagoroth

Zagoroth Chieftain

Rhye giveth and Rhye taketh away.

And I can honestly not believe "giveth" and "taketh" are considered words on this website...