Any New Resources Spotted?

steveg700

Deity
Be it luxury, strategic, or what have you, I'm wondering if Civ VI will offer anything new in the resource department? Thought I saw some grapes in one vid...?

I'm a fan of biodiversity, so even just cosmetic changes to thing like sheep, horses, and wheat would be welcome. How about some parts of the world have lamas, camels, and corn instead, for instance?

Then there's rice. Really glaring omission there. Could have it show up in wetlands (flood plains and marshes) and improve into paddies.

Gold that was a luxury in Civ 5 appears to not be part of the resources in 6. Appart from that there are many new resources in addition to Civ 5's being back

Gold that was a luxury in Civ 5 appears to not be part of the resources in 6. Appart from that there are many new resources in addition to Civ 5's being back

We are definitely still missing Gold. I expect it to be observed sooner or later.

Seems more likely that shipwreck is equivalent to ancient ruins but in water. Maybe the archaeologist dives instead of hitting it with a pickax?

Remember Aluminum and a resource with a radioactive symbol were both in the leaked tech tree.

There was what seemed like a shipwreck resource icon we could safely categorize under what have you

Those are most likely Antiquity Sites. In Civ 5, they were marked as Resource Icons.

I just hope Archeologists will have the amazing ability to have those sites HIGHLIGHTED, and that they spawn over improvements!

Top Bottom