any news on january update ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karmah

Emperor
Supporter
Hello there fellow fanatics,
I have not been able to follow recently , is there any news on the next update as we approach the middle of the month ?

Based on past precedent and since there was no Developer Update video yesterday 1/11:
  • Friday 1/15 - Social Media Teaser
  • Monday 1/18 or Tuesday 1/19 due to MLK holiday in US - January Developer Update Video
  • Thursday 1/21 - Alternate Leader First Look
  • Tuesday 1/26 - New Civilization First Look
  • Wednesday 1/27 - Livestream
  • Thursday 1/28 - Release
The update will include:
  • One new civilization and two new leaders (Based on data mining to be an alt. Kublai Khan for China and an unknown one for Vietnam) See here.
  • One new game mode (Based on data mining something to do with Corporations/Industry (i.e. Alternate Economy)) See here and here.
  • A new District (Unknown)
  • Two new Buildings (Unknown)

Last edited:
Genghis Khan for China? Uh oh...
As @TreVor_ish said, it's Kublai Khan. I don't think the developers would go that way, especially since Genghis Khan is already in the game. :p

Has it been confirmed Kublai will be leading China? I assume they will be leading Mongolia for sure and maybe China as well, like Eleanor. Since the website states that you need Rise and Fall (containing the Mongolia civ) to play as the new alternate leader
He'll for sure lead Mongolia. I hope it will be China as well.

Monday 1/18 - January Developer Update Video

I should point out that day is a holiday in America, so it's not likely they'll release anything on that day. They'll most likely release something on Tuesday the 19th.

Last edited by a moderator:
I should point out that day is a holiday in America, so it's not likely they'll release anything on that day. They'll most likely release something on Tuesday the 19th.

I had a similar question to that to but then again it's a Federal Holiday so governmental buildings and services will be closed. That doesn't mean businesses like Firaxis will not post a video.

• Monday 1/18 - January Developer Update Video

It's not a holiday in Canada, Great Britain, France, etc., so I don't really agree with you here. Plus, if we consider the holiday as a benefit, not many people in America will be working on that holiday, so more people could buy it and play with it considering they have more time to play.

Then who would replace him as a Great Merchant? :p
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francesco_Balducci_Pegolotti

This guy?

It's not a holiday in Canada, Great Britain, France, etc., so I don't really agree with you here. Plus, if we consider the holiday as a benefit, not many people in America will be working on that holiday, so more people could buy it and play with it considering they have more time to play.
Well we won't be able to play with any new content on the holiday. Just the January update video will most likely be on that day now which now I'll be able to watch live.

I think it's more likely he'll get a Unique Govt. Plaza (Shangdu) instead of gettting another leader that comes with a unique governor. Plus I don't think we'd get a replacement Great person just to make him a governor.

+ you can upload the video on friday already and just set the release date for monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom