1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

any news on january update ?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Karmah, Jan 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

As I mentioned in the Dec. Update thread...
    "MLK Day is a Federal holiday, but the majority of private businesses are still open. In any event, it doesn't really matter for YT videos since they can be uploaded and set to go live whenever."

2. Xur

Xur Prince

I hope they fix the dont ask me bug. It worked for all civs (that I played with) except Ethiopia. I’ve only played one game, but that dude ignored that option 100%. It seemed to work for the other leaders.

3. 6uho Koe

6uho Koe Warlord

Perhaps, though I feel doubtful about that. I would think they could release a video on Monday if they uploaded and have it scheduled to automatically post it on that day, if youtube does that.

Just because it's not a holiday outside of US does not mean they cannot take a day off or not release something. I recall people were predicting a video release or tweet to come out during one of the American holidays during the fall and they didn't release anything but the next day instead.

4. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Went back to see and you are right. The October update video came out on a Tuesday, the day after Columbus day. Now it does seem likely that the update video will be on the 19th.

5. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

You know, I was reading the "Upcoming Features" part of the NFP and saw that One of the Leaders requires R+F. I had completely forgotten that Mongolia didn't ship until then.

6. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

Well, oops... Seems like @6uho Koe was right after all.

Alexander's Hetaroi likes this.
  7. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

Does it matter whether the Update video goes live on the 18th or 19th? I think y'all are really over-thinking this. :lol:

8. Duke William of Normandy

Well, we are CivFanatics, not CivCasuals... mostly.

9. cain3456

cain3456 King

I would just like to know who the leader for Vietnam will be. It almost certainly has to be a woman to hold the ratio of female leaders, but Trung Trac was made a Great General...

10. Duke William of Normandy

That... no one has a clue about, but consider Le Loi and Ho Chi Minh as possibles.

11. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Prince

We should definitely have a poll for this. :p All the suggested leaders listed, plus one called "Other" for the odd chance Firaxis surprises us. :p

12. Duke William of Normandy

Hawke9 likes this.
  13. Alexander's Hetaroi

I would love to be able to mod him in as a dual leader if he doesn't officially become one, especially if those bonuses turn out to be true. :mischief:

I'm expecting the update video on January 19th considering Monday is MLK Jr. Day here in the U.S.
    The October Update was on a Tuesday the day after Columbus Day.

14. anonxanemone

anonxanemone Warlord

Ironically coincides with the rumored corporations mode? Art imitating history... now with capitalism! :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2021
    Myomoto likes this.
  15. Kwami

Kwami Deity

I don't see why it would be spelled Beijing, though.

16. Alexander's Hetaroi

Because that's how it's already spelled on the Chinese city list.
    Eleanor has different capitals depending on the civ she lead but I guess for Kublai they could do the same capital for both civs if they wanted to?

Not necessarily disagreeing but we also have the Qin dynasty represented which isn't necessarily put in the best spotlight either and quickly fell due to revolt also.

17. The Civs 6

The Civs 6 King

Qin Shi Huang was 80% right and 20% wrong. Or something like that.

18. Kwami

Kwami Deity

They don't have to use a city from the existing list as Kublai's capital, though. The leader's capital is specified separately. For instance, here's Eleanor:

Code:
            <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_ENGLAND" LeaderType="LEADER_ELEANOR_ENGLAND" CapitalName="LOC_CITY_NAME_LONDON"/>
            <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_FRANCE" LeaderType="LEADER_ELEANOR_FRANCE" CapitalName="LOC_CITY_NAME_PARIS"/>

And Greece, where the civilization is constant, but there are two leaders:

Code:
            <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_GREECE" LeaderType="LEADER_GORGO" CapitalName="LOC_CITY_NAME_SPARTA"/>
            <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_GREECE" LeaderType="LEADER_PERICLES" CapitalName="LOC_CITY_NAME_ATHENS"/>

So, they can basically make Kublai's capital(s) whatever they want to without breaking anything else.

Gorbles, Hawke9, 679x and 2 others like this.
  19. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

I think Kublai has the extra likelihood because of the Readme file last summer that explicitly mentioned his name. So it's almost certain that he is going to be the leader for a R+F civ.

As for whether he may or may not lead China, that is 100% speculation. My gut says it's unlikely that they do have him able to lead both, but it's certainly possible, and especially if he ended up with the also speculated "trading posts yield eurekas" type of leader ability, that would actually be a cool ability for both civs, which might increase the chance of it happening.

20. notNamed

notNamed Warlord

Manchus are more like cousins of Koreans who haven't quite received the kiss of civilisation. I'm saying this somewhat sarcastically, but they are a fairly different archetype than the Mongols.
    More in line with what you'd expect of the earlier Korean kingdoms and states, just in a more hostile environment. Whom we haven't gotten in any game yet, anyway.

Myomoto, Kjimmet, Zaarin and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.