any news on january update ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should point out that day is a holiday in America, so it's not likely they'll release anything on that day. They'll most likely release something on Tuesday the 19th.
As I mentioned in the Dec. Update thread...
"MLK Day is a Federal holiday, but the majority of private businesses are still open. In any event, it doesn't really matter for YT videos since they can be uploaded and set to go live whenever."

I had a similar question to that to but then again it's a Federal Holiday so governmental buildings and services will be closed. That doesn't mean businesses like Firaxis will not post a video.

Perhaps, though I feel doubtful about that. I would think they could release a video on Monday if they uploaded and have it scheduled to automatically post it on that day, if youtube does that.

It's not a holiday in Canada, Great Britain, France, etc., so I don't really agree with you here. Plus, if we consider the holiday as a benefit, not many people in America will be working on that holiday, so more people could buy it and play with it considering they have more time to play.

Just because it's not a holiday outside of US does not mean they cannot take a day off or not release something. I recall people were predicting a video release or tweet to come out during one of the American holidays during the fall and they didn't release anything but the next day instead.

Just because it's not a holiday outside of US does not mean they cannot take a day off or not release something. I recall people were predicting a video release or tweet to come out during one of the American holidays during the fall and they didn't release anything but the next day instead.
Went back to see and you are right. The October update video came out on a Tuesday, the day after Columbus day. Now it does seem likely that the update video will be on the 19th.

You know, I was reading the "Upcoming Features" part of the NFP and saw that One of the Leaders requires R+F. I had completely forgotten that Mongolia didn't ship until then.

Went back to see and you are right. The October update video came out on a Tuesday, the day after Columbus day. Now it does seem likely that the update video will be on the 19th.
Well, oops... Seems like @6uho Koe was right after all.

Does it matter whether the Update video goes live on the 18th or 19th? I think y'all are really over-thinking this. :lol:
Well, we are CivFanatics, not CivCasuals... mostly.

I would just like to know who the leader for Vietnam will be. It almost certainly has to be a woman to hold the ratio of female leaders, but Trung Trac was made a Great General...
That... no one has a clue about, but consider Le Loi and Ho Chi Minh as possibles.

It should however be very easy to make a mod to enable him as a dual leader I imagine ;)

It seems his ability is likely something like getting Eurekas/Inspirations for establishing trading posts (from game files), so he would have some synergy still with China's Dynastic Cycles ability.
I would love to be able to mod him in as a dual leader if he doesn't officially become one, especially if those bonuses turn out to be true. :mischief:

Other than that, and given this mid-Wednesday silence, ¿do we assume already a week delay in the theorized schedule?
I'm expecting the update video on January 19th considering Monday is MLK Jr. Day here in the U.S.
The October Update was on a Tuesday the day after Columbus Day.

Ironically coincides with the rumored corporations mode? Art imitating history... now with capitalism! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see why it would be spelled Beijing, though.
Because that's how it's already spelled on the Chinese city list.
Eleanor has different capitals depending on the civ she lead but I guess for Kublai they could do the same capital for both civs if they wanted to?

Yuan is often time considered one of the worst dynasties in China. During the whole Yuan dynasty, Han Chinese were treated as second-class citizens and it was literally ended with a peasants' rebellion.
Not necessarily disagreeing but we also have the Qin dynasty represented which isn't necessarily put in the best spotlight either and quickly fell due to revolt also.

Eleanor has different capitals depending on the civ she lead but I guess for Kublai they could do the same capital for both civs if they wanted to?

Not necessarily disagreeing but we also have the Qin dynasty represented which isn't necessarily put in the best spotlight either and quickly fell due to revolt also.

Qin Shi Huang was 80% right and 20% wrong. Or something like that.

They don't have to use a city from the existing list as Kublai's capital, though. The leader's capital is specified separately. For instance, here's Eleanor:

Code:
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_ENGLAND" LeaderType="LEADER_ELEANOR_ENGLAND" CapitalName="LOC_CITY_NAME_LONDON"/>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_FRANCE" LeaderType="LEADER_ELEANOR_FRANCE" CapitalName="LOC_CITY_NAME_PARIS"/>

And Greece, where the civilization is constant, but there are two leaders:

Code:
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_GREECE" LeaderType="LEADER_GORGO" CapitalName="LOC_CITY_NAME_SPARTA"/>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_GREECE" LeaderType="LEADER_PERICLES" CapitalName="LOC_CITY_NAME_ATHENS"/>

So, they can basically make Kublai's capital(s) whatever they want to without breaking anything else.

What if it's not Kublai but Kangxi? The latter wasn't Mongol but was... Mongol-adjacent? The Manchu were functionally close enough to have a leader of either civ, no?

I think Kublai has the extra likelihood because of the Readme file last summer that explicitly mentioned his name. So it's almost certain that he is going to be the leader for a R+F civ.

As for whether he may or may not lead China, that is 100% speculation. My gut says it's unlikely that they do have him able to lead both, but it's certainly possible, and especially if he ended up with the also speculated "trading posts yield eurekas" type of leader ability, that would actually be a cool ability for both civs, which might increase the chance of it happening.

If they ever decided to let the Mongols sit out a game (unlikely), the Manchu would make an interesting alternative, though.
Manchus are more like cousins of Koreans who haven't quite received the kiss of civilisation. I'm saying this somewhat sarcastically, but they are a fairly different archetype than the Mongols.
More in line with what you'd expect of the earlier Korean kingdoms and states, just in a more hostile environment. Whom we haven't gotten in any game yet, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom