Any of you take actual racial prides into these games?

Illusion13

King
Or "Its just a game..."? I mean, like, you want the country you are from/in right now to win wars, so you always play them...

Well, to solve that problem (cause, more or less, I still have some passion for certain countries), I made my own Nation, the Galactic Empire, led by Darth Vader, and I would play against nations that I dont know much about...

There's a distinction. And...Sure, I always feel bad when America gets its ass kicked. The F15 is a stupid UU, so is the Man0War, etc.

Certainly not. Like you said, it's just a game, for heaven's sake.

Besides there isn't a Finnish civilization in the game anyway. Not that it would make things any different.

there are scandinavians though

Originally posted by globester
there are scandinavians though

Yep, but I don't really feel too much like a Viking, so I'll just leave that to Yngwie J. Malmsteen.

well, there's vikings and scandinavians :p

but each his own ofc :p

They're only sorta Scandinavian. Finland is more or less between Sweden and Russia if you'll pardon my entendre. :)

still a part of scandinavia though ;)

^but not the one refernced in the game

Sometimes I'll play a CIV because it's part of my heritage. I'm Italian, Danish, and German (an American mutt :) ) So...

Rome
Vikings
Germany
America

well, i like being dutch so i can keep my country as the mighty country it once was :p

(i'm not chauvinistic :p)

Yeah, I usally try to help America and France out-- unless they're actually competing with me. Then...c'est la vie.

I also buddy up with the Aztecs and Spain, simple because I like them.

i can only play as either greece or the byzantines (after c3c came out). i view myself as more byzantine (since im orthodox christian and such) more then greek (as in ancient greece). although i am from the macedonian part, where alexander was from...

No Canadian Civ unfortunately, so I cannot play my own Civ. I can play a Mod, but that is not the same as a real Civ actually being added to the game. I could play the USA Civ, I mean, Canadians, US, close enough, except I don't much like the USA Civ trait combo.

From family heritage, I could play England, France, Germany, or the USA

Yes, I am yet another "mutt" . . .

Same here, an English/French/German mongrel. But I don't stick up for England or Germany because they annoy me in the game.

Originally posted by globester
still a part of scandinavia though ;)

Actually no, Finland is not a part of Scandianavia. Scandianavia is Sweden, Norway and Denmark.

Top Bottom